my situation :/

Discussion in 'Help Me! I Need to Talk to Someone.' started by hai, Oct 28, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hai

hai New Member

I'm in a situation right now and I don't know what to do. I've been cutting for a few years, and in September I got sent to the psych ward for "suicidal ideations" and because of how many cuts I had, how often I was doing it (every few hours). My mom told me that if I cut again she's going to send me back. so I told her that I stopped- I haven't, but I don't do it as often. My counselor also thinks I stopped, because if I tell her then she'll make me tell my mom and I'll go back to the psych ward, and the whole thing is pointless. Well, I've also had eating issues for about as long as I've been cutting, but they're now coming to the surface and getting worse, I think because I'm not cutting as much. And every day is hell for me because I can't stop thinking about food, my weight, I barely eat anymore but it feels like too much and I feel extremely fat, when in reality I'm nearly underweight. I just feel like things are getting to be too much again- but I can't tell anyone because all that will happen is I'll go to the psych ward, and if it didn't help the first time why would it help now? I just don't know what to do :(

2. swimmergirl

swimmergirl Well-Known Member

If there is a part of you that wants to live, then you might want to consider telling someone about WHY you feel the need to hurt yourself so much, and then maybe they can work with you on those issues instead of focusing so much on your symptoms and not getting you the help you need.

3. Shauna Lea

Shauna Lea Staff Alumni

The whole thing is certainly not pointless...if something doesn't work the first time, try it again, approach it with a different attitude. Think of it as an opportunity rather than a drag. The most important thing is to be honest...it might cause some uncomfortable and unwanted situations but it's for the greater good and for your well being. It's hard to think long term when ur in this mind set but you have to find that faith within you that there is a cure...you just have to take the help with open arms!

All the very best =)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.