My Stomach

Discussion in 'Self Care and Healthy Lifestyles' started by LetItGo, Jun 12, 2007.

1. LetItGo

LetItGo Staff Alumni

It seems these days I cant eat anything or drink anything without upsetting my stomach. I had to go from normal milk, to skim, and now soy, and I still get upset, but it goes further than that. EVERYTHING i eat doesn't sit quite right. Ive been to hospital about 2 years ago, maybe a bit less than, and they had a look in my stomach and it was ok.....there was a lot of acid though, excessive amount. For a few years everything was ok...didn't have to take meds, now im back on Nexium, just starting on it, 40mgs im taking a day, and im trying to take it with food.

What can I do to cure this problem, or at least restrict it a lot...it pisses me off that every time i eat something I feel this way.

2. ~PinkElephants~

~PinkElephants~ Senior member

Thats messed up b/c i have the same problem. everything i eat upsets my stomach. I was on nexium but i can't take it anymore because i don't have insurance.

there is no cure for it other than taking the medicine before you eat adn that hsould limit it. Sorry you are feeling so crappy

3. Terry

Terry Antiquities Friend Staff Alumni

Have you tried Gavascom...its really good for neutralising the acid in the stomach.

4. LetItGo

LetItGo Staff Alumni

My lower back is killing me as well, is that related do you think?

5. Esmeralda

Esmeralda Well-Known Member

I have a friend who used to wake up choking on his own bile every single night...and had no appetite. Now he takes Nexium and is GREAT...and eating considerably more! Water used to give him heartburn, and now he can drink O.J. with no problems at all!

Nexium is expensive, but go to www.unitedpharmacies.com and order the generic from there. It's REALLY cheap (about 50 cents/pill), and it WORKS. No prescription needed.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 13, 2007
  6. ~PinkElephants~

If i kick you in the shins..will your stomach and back feel better? :hug: :hysterica:

7. LetItGo

LetItGo Staff Alumni

:eek: well it would take my mind off it lol

8. ~PinkElephants~

Just a thought..give me a ring if you take it into serious consideration. I will kick shins, stomp on toes, etc...just to make your tummy not hurt. :wiggle: