My story of sedation

Discussion in 'Self Harm & Substance Abuse' started by Lorax, Aug 17, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lorax

Lorax Well-Known Member

In high school, i started out pretty lite.
    Had minor surgery for gum issues, from an accident.
    Got Loratab for a month, 4-5x daily.
    Switched to Tramadol, to help after.

Eventually i had a ready supply of them.
    Took 6 a day usually. Had a few experiences drinking.
    I rarely did it, but always binged out.

Started mixing alcohol/tramadol for a bit.
    A friend introduced me to Cannabis.
    Within a month, i did it daily. Kept using it for over a year.

Destroyed my closest friendship at the time. And what i wanted to be a relationship.

Eventually i got a DUI for driving high.
    Still dealing with the after math.
    Started getting meds after.

For a while i just used 2-3 Zolpidem every nite. Sometimes taking it hours before bed.

Took Xanax to cope with mania/social anxiety at work. It was a short fling, but it was hard to stop.

Stopped Tramadol for year in a half now. Had a few slips, but 1.5 years without regular use.

Stopped abusing Zolpidem few months back. I occasionally have it, but only for really bad insomnia.

Stopped using Xanax for few months.
    I usually use clonopin if need be now.

Looking at my self, i just love sedatives. I am very anxious. But i hate living for more pills.
  2. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

I know exactly where you are coming from. I have been on everything you mentioned. I am happy to say now though that I am now xanax free. I also suffer from anxiety which is why I loved sedatives too. Sometimes pills just aren't the answer. You should be very proud of yourself. It is hard to just say no and quit.
  3. Lorax

Lorax Well-Known Member

I am happy that i had the ability to quit so much. I still get anxiety, but usually just try to meditate, or ignore it.

Good job! Getting off Xanax is a real challenge. Hope you are able to stay clean.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.