My story

Discussion in 'Rants, Musings and Ideas' started by thething912, Jul 18, 2007.

1. thething912

thething912 Well-Known Member

I have asperger and all my life people thought I was stupid because I never concur with them and because I have spelling and writing disabilities. I hate being discriminated against because of it. I know I’m not stupid but it still bugs me to a level where I want to die. I pity these people’s ignorance. I just wish people wouldn’t make notions about me before they get to know me. A lot of people are mean to me and people harass me a lot. I’m sick of it. A lot of people think “oh you have a disability you’re stupid.” I’m sick of hearing that because I know it’s bull shit. Plus, I don’t handle insults very well. :biggrin:

2. Hi, thething912. I hate when people are so judgemental and mean toward people who have disabilities. It is very unfair, and it hurts alot. Instead of people insulting you about your disability, they should be helping you. Overall, it is society which disables disabled people more so than the disability does.

3. Esmeralda

Esmeralda Well-Known Member

People can be dicks, but thankfully, it usually does not last past school-age. I'm sorry people are treating you like crap. Try to hang in there.

4. gentlelady

gentlelady Staff Alumni

Many people do not take the time out to find out about the disability. If they would simply do that they could understand what it entails. With education comes understanding and possibly compassion for those that are suffering in any way. I am sorry they do not take the time to get to know who you are.Just because you may think and learn differently than they do, does not make you any less of a person. Hang in there. Things do get better as you age with this type of things, most generally adults are not quite as cruel as children can be. :hug:

5. thething912

I hate when people mock me because of my inabillties.

Some people are just really pathetic.

6. thething912

They don't give a shit about the disabillity.

7. Twisted Sweet Lies

Twisted Sweet Lies Well-Known Member

That sounds a lot like my life. I have a learning disorder and a speech impediment. I was picked on for years and thought of as stupid. People would constanctly mock my speech. All I have to say is fuck them. Karma will come around to get them.

8. immure

immure Account Closed

the father of my babies has asperger. i m sure its not quite like any particulars when paradigms exist together. i mean spell check doesn t even now this word "asperger". i m sure you just come off as weird not stupid. if i may be bold enough to say.