My Success Blog

Discussion in 'Strategies for Success' started by Inspire&Inquire, Feb 15, 2015.

1. Inspire&Inquire

Inspire&Inquire SF Supporter

Today my focus is to work on a Facebook app called "Stock League". Its basically a game where you buy and sell stocks, it compares your portfolio to your friends and ranks you on a national and global basis to see how you would fair as a stock trader. The stocks are based on real-time quotes.

First I'll work on cleaning my room, its a bit of a mess with my latest depressive episode. * Done

Now I've got some laundry to do, so I will do that.

I'm also reading a book "Steve Jobs" by Walter Isaacson, I plan to read 20 pages today.

I plan to do 21/2 miles at the gym today, probably by walking on a treadmill, I'll do 20 push-ups. Cable fly, chest press. Maybe some bench press and ab workouts.

For breakfast I'll have oatmeal with Greek yogurt and green tea to drink.
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 15, 2015
  2. Northern

Northern SF Supporter

Wow you are good.

I love the app idea! I played a game similar to this a long time ago, the biggest problem was people creating tons of accounts and gambling on penny stocks, they were dominating the rankings which was frustrating for people who wanted to play seriously. I strongly recommend having a chat, it was fun to talk finance. Also I suggest having the possibility to reset your account once month or something for people who got back lucky.

good luck and have a nice day.
  3. Inspire&Inquire

I was thinking about that problem earlier this morning. Basically I will need some kind of way of sifting through stocks that are ineligible due to low trading volumes, or better yet I will be able to model the stocks liquidity. Say a person buys a stock, they won't be able to sell because there are no buyers.
  4. Northern

Northern SF Supporter

Maybe there is a way to link each account to a cellphone number to limit multi accounts?

It will be hard to reach the good balance between realism and the fact that it's a game. You want people to take more risks and trade more than in real life in order to make the game alive.
  5. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

You sound motivated, fair play to you. Enjoy all those endorphins from your exercise. A good day :hug:
  6. Inspire&Inquire

So I had a successful day, got some coding done, went to the gym, cleaned my room and did my laundry, oh yeah and read my book. Will try the same thing tomorrow with more emphasis on exersize.
  7. Inspire&Inquire

Today I will fold my clothes from the laundry, go to the gym again. Maybe write a story, play some guitar, learn develop a draft icon for Stock League, learn about Facebook API. And read some more of Steve Jobs.