My surroundings are killing, please give me some options

Status
Not open for further replies.

HomerSimpson

I am literally crying for answers, and how to go on. For the last 5 years I have taken care of my grandmother who is in bad health, and getting worse all the time. During this time I have lost many friends, because during this time is when my depression and wanting to die has happened. During this time I have not even had a job, I just went back to school.

There is no emotional support from my mother who is just a depressive person herself. Every day is getting worse and worse. Today, first thing in the morning more bad news from my mother. Now more worry and it has got so bad that today I had a panic attack, and it was so bad I passed out.

Mentally and physically I cannot take anymore of this. How can I leave, how can I change my life, what can I do to get out of this enviroment that is killing me.

I'm sorry to hear that things are so bad for you. :( Have you tried maybe going for a nice walk in the park? Or just carving out some time for just YOU in the day. 30 minutes or an hour or so?

Terry

Antiquities Friend
Staff Alumni
Not sure where you are :unsure: but here in the UK you can get respite care to give you a break.
Pop down to your doc and explain the situation, they should help with the panic attacks and depression and may suggest some help for your grandmother.

HomerSimpson

I run or lift weights everyday, but as soon as I come home the despair hits. I starting taking zoloft again, and before it helped with the panic attacks, but today the worry and depression was just too much.

Constantinos

I am literally crying for answers, and how to go on. For the last 5 years I have taken care of my grandmother who is in bad health, and getting worse all the time. During this time I have lost many friends, because during this time is when my depression and wanting to die has happened. During this time I have not even had a job, I just went back to school.

There is no emotional support from my mother who is just a depressive person herself. Every day is getting worse and worse. Today, first thing in the morning more bad news from my mother. Now more worry and it has got so bad that today I had a panic attack, and it was so bad I passed out.

Mentally and physically I cannot take anymore of this. How can I leave, how can I change my life, what can I do to get out of this enviroment that is killing me.
I run or lift weights everyday, but as soon as I come home the despair hits. I starting taking zoloft again, and before it helped with the panic attacks, but today the worry and depression was just too much.
Hello HomerSimpson,

You seem to be feeling tired of the whole situation, you need an increase in your coping resources so you can balance out and stand on your own feet.

Are you visiting a therapist currently? And if not would you want to visit a therapist? You really need some help to be able to increase your resources to cope with problems.

Its very positive that you are doing exercise daily, this will help create endorphines (hope this is the correct word in English) - these endorphines will help with your mood.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$70.00
Goal
$255.00