My sweet, kind, wonderful, beautiful girlfriend...

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by i/0, Mar 7, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. i/0

i/0 Member

...dumped me last night.
    We started going out last summer. We clicked, hit it off, had chemistry, however you want to put it. Things were getting serious; we were practically living together, and neither of us officially proposed, but we talked openly about marriage. It felt like we were fated to be together. She was the only ray of light in my life, the only thing keeping me going. I've been going through a really severe crisis lately (which is what led me here). She knew I was going through this kind of pain before, but I opened up to her last night, and she just couldn't handle it anymore. Right when I needed her the most, I desperately wanted her to talk to me, to hold me, to give me a reason to live. But no, she just walked away, said she couldn't deal with me and my issues. I should have known better than to get my hopes up; this isn't the first time this happened. Probably for the best, because she could do way better than me anyway.
    Well, it's okay, because I just found someone new today, someone who won't judge me or leave me. We were meant for each other. I'm going to spend the night with her tonight, so she can hold me tight, and I can fall asleep in her loving embrace.
    There's nothing left for me here. It's scary, but I feel ready to move on. The world doesn't want me, and I don't want it.
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 7, 2013
  2. Milestone

Milestone Member

Hi I/0,

I'm sorry to hear about that, believe me when I say I understand the feeling of just wanting to move on. Try to wait, I'm doing it and i wont lie it hurts but I keep telling myself it's not forever because it just can't be, try to hold out, you can be happy again, it's happened before and you can do it again

I'm sorry your girlfriend couldn't handle it, it can be though having to deal with a partners issues it seems selfish at the time but it does add pressure, it doesn't mean she cares about you any less probably just that she got scared. I hope she supports you as a friend or you can find some help of your own.

Have you talked to someone ?
  3. Sadeyes

Sadeyes Staff Alumni

I truly do not understand people sometimes...when someone says 'I love you' and can walk away like that...I am so sorry that happened to you...I have broken up with someone who I felt was the true love of my life and i know the pain...please keep posting as I am sure there are many of us here who can relate
  4. Active Member

I am really sorry you have to go through this, especially when I also know how much it hurts. I can relate to your story since everyone in my life walked away when they found out how torn I am inside, so I just started to hide it.
    Just know that you are not alone in this ; the world is also made of caring people and they do want you! Try not to lose hope, you are in a good place here :)
  5. i/0

i/0 Member

I'm just so sick of having to put on a happy face for the world, and pretending to be strong. I'm not happy, I'm not strong, I'm a total wreck. I can't be myself around people without driving them away. The only reason I keep muddling through "life" is to avoid hurting others, but no one even thinks twice about hurting me. I'm fed up with people and all their bullshit. I'm done. With everything.
  6. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

If she truly loved you hun she would not have walked away You deserve true love hun someone that does love you in both good and the bad times Who knows hun maybe being away from you for awhile will help her and you see more clearly if indeed your love will last . give it time hun It is too soon to give up yet ok give it time
  7. Milestone

Milestone Member

Try to give it more time, things are raw right now, give it time, it has to get easier at some point and when it does you'll be happy you waited
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.