my tablets?

Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by amethyst, Sep 17, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. amethyst

amethyst Member

so i got put on prozac yesterday,

what experiences do you have with it? does it work and is it good???

im anxious about trying it as i wanted therapy more than drugs, but if they help me, i dont mind.

id be glad of any advice or info you have
  2. ~Claire

~Claire Well-Known Member

Meds affect everyone differently, ones that work with some won't necessarily work with others.

Personally Prozac was one of the better meds I have been on. It's trial & error though, you need to give the meds a good few weeks to give them a chance to work.

I'm sure I read somewhere that a combination of meds & therapy can really benefit people as opposed to one or the other. Has your GP mentioned anything about therapy of any sort?
  3. amethyst

amethyst Member

not at all. just this. but my family and boyfriend dont want me to take them at all. so by taking them i feel i am going against them and i want them on side.

4. ~Claire

~Claire Well-Known Member

You have to do what's right for you hun not what your family & bf want :hug: Why do they not want you to take them?

If you are not too keen on taking them then you should see your doc again & explain that you think therapy would be helpful too. Are you on the tablets for anxiety/depression?

5. 643921

643921 Active Member

Why don't they want you to have them? Ultimatley it's up to you and its natural to be anxious about taking something that you're not sure how it will affect you. Claire_83 is right they affect everyone differently and if you're still apprehensive about taking them go back to your doctor and explain why. Therapy is always better than drugs otherwise you can be on them for a rather long time :hug:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.