My take on suicide

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by Ardo85, May 2, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ardo85

Ardo85 Active Member

Through my own bouts of depression and suicidal thoughts I think I have developed an analogy to explain how I feel. It seems modern life always has an upkeep. Certain things you have to pay monthly to continue to live. Rent, car, utilities, etc. Its kind of like being forced to make payments on something you never decided to buy in the first place.

Why do I have to keep paying for the costs of life, I never decided to buy life in the first place. and the only way to cancel my "subscription" to life is to end it.
  2. minime

minime Well-Known Member

I am sorry you feel this way and I feel and think like you do. The shallowness of life disgusts me. I don't know how I stumbled upon minimalism. But little by little, I freed myself of things and stuff and I find that I can breathe better. I felt like a heavy load is lifted. The shallowness of materialism adds to my depression and people who subscribe to the idea that who they are and their worth is based on what they own.

Anywho....that is how I became a minimalist and it helps me deal with life day to day. Everytime I feel very depressed I get a garbage bag and sort through my stuff and crap, throw things out and then go out for a walk or a drive to make a statement that I leave all these crap behind. I feel lighter and it seems like I made a stand against the shallowness and apathy of society. That helps me live one more day.

Just sharing what helps me go through one more crappy day...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.