My teacher help

Discussion in 'Self Harm & Substance Abuse' started by rachelx, Feb 21, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rachelx

rachelx New Member

I used to cut myself.. I don't much anymore now.. I don't know if that really matters.. But I've started to think about it again.. About doing it again..
    At my school.. There is one teacher.. She's like a mom to me.. And when I would cut myself before, she would always get mad at me.. One time she even made me to go to the hospital with her and stayed with me in the emergency room.. Because I don't have a mom and my dad was sick and had cancer so he couldn't.. And she always checks me for cuts..
    Why won't she just let me cut myself and not worry about it..? It's not like I'm hurting her at all..:/
  2. Ravenwing

Ravenwing Well-Known Member

Sweetie, maybe it is because she cares.
  3. RainbowDust.

RainbowDust. Well-Known Member

Lovely, you sound like you have a very caring person in your life, i know its frustrating sometimes, and you just want to do your own thing the way youre comfortable with.

But sometimes its not easy for someone who cares about you so much to sit back and let you self destruct, maybe try sitting down and talking with this teacher, explain how it feels when you want to hurt yourself, and why you get so frustrated when she gets mad at you, explain its the only coping mechanism you feel comfortable with doing to keep your head above water, then maybe you could both have a talk about what other ways you could benefit from.

Take care of yourself, love.
  4. kizzybaby

kizzybaby Well-Known Member

i agree. I think you should go talk to her. explain that she was a massive support and help to you when you needed one, and that you are struggling a bit again, and you wondered if she could give you any advice, or help you find a way to avoid going back to it. At least then you are one step ahead of it, your attacking it, before it attacks you. and at the same time, you are getting some support.xoxo
  5. spiritxfade

spiritxfade Well-Known Member

I think it's wonderful that you have someone who is such a good support for you. Not many teachers would go with you to the ER and stay with you. She cares about you a lot, and it probably hurts her to see you do this to yourself. I know it seems like you're not hurting her.

Take care :)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.