My theory of God

Discussion in 'Soap Box' started by poison, Apr 10, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. poison

poison Well-Known Member

If God is love, and love cannot be proven, than God cannot be proven. But, that doesn't mean God doesn't exist - because love does exist... you just have to have faith. I'm proud of myself for thinking that! :laugh: Anyhow, what do you think of my "theory"? However, just to let you know, I am not a Christian.

2. MrDepressed

MrDepressed Guest

I have to wonder though how come love can not be proven?

3. poison

poison Well-Known Member

Can you see love? Can you touch love? Can you smell love? Can you taste love? Can you hear love? No. Same goes with god.

4. JohnADreams

JohnADreams Well-Known Member

Can you smell love? Maybe if you count pheromones. You could be able to see it as well, if you measure brain wave activity.

It's really the God is love statement that needs to be proven first. There are many gods and goddesses that represent that emotion too but it doesnt make their existance any more certain than the biblical God. Just because people find an emotion mysterious and many doubt it's existance, doesnt mean that you need to rely on myth and superstition to explain it.

5. theleastofthese

theleastofthese SF Friend Staff Alumni

I can "feel" love: both love given to me and love I give to others. To me it's a distinct and very real feeling, so I'd have to say that, for me anyway, love CAN be proven. I can feel the love given me from my animals, my friends, and even (sometimes) from my kids. And I can for sure feel the love I have for the people and animals in my life.

just my opinion...

least

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.