my therapist terminated our sessions due to my suicidal feelings

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by cetiya, Jun 5, 2016.

1. cetiya

cetiya Member

a couple of days ago my therapist told me if I was unwilling to turn over my "method" to the police, they could no longer see me. since I refused I was tossed out. I am having raging complex ptsd, and severely depressed and I feel mad that they just threw me out while I'm in a crises mode. when the police had my "method" for safekeeping, I felt very anxious without it. oh well. things just keep getting worse and worse. they only charged me 5 bucks a session so there is no way I can afford to go anywhere else.
  2. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

Your therapist cares about you that is why she is trying to get you to turn over the instrument of harm therapist is trying to perhaps get you to be responsible for helping YOU as well. I do hope you can hand over your method to your therapist and ask therapist what you can do to decrease your anxiousness not having method anymore work with your Therapist ok you deserve help so don't turn it away now work together with your Therapist
  3. cetiya

cetiya Member

The problem is I am severely depressed and I am unwilling to give up the one thing that could release me from this hell. I dont respond well to ultimatums. I just feel they made a mistake. They're counsellors for crying out loud. They should be able to handle a suicidal patient. They know the state im in, retriggered ptsd. Intrusive flashbacks, no hope for the future. I cant afford anyone else. Sigh. Oh well. Ive been trying to get help since November and im sick of it. Three different shrinks got scared of me. One called the swat team on me, the other two dumped me. I give up for now. I was hopeful that the emdr would help. Now ill never know.
  4. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

wow, called in the swat team? That seems a bit extreme but it probably was the right thing to do if you were in imminent danger. Did any of the shrinks give a diagnosis? Please do NOT give up, not yet, just because you feel they gave up on you doesn't mean you can't be helped. Keep reaching out. I am always around if you want a chat.
  5. cetiya

cetiya Member

I was having an intake over the phone and she kept putting me on hold. Little did I know shed called the police and told them I was armed and threatening suicide. Which isnt totally true, I never indicated I was in immediate danger so I ended up in the hospital in the looney bin involuntarily. After I finally got to talk to the mental health guys, I was immediately discharged. After the swat team showed up, pointed their guns on me and handcuffed me. What a day! Now I owe the hospital a 1,000 bucks I cant pay.
  6. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter! Well in a way I am glad they did that, they were trying to protect YOU from harms way and they did it well. The thousand bucks you owe now definitely sucks. Do you feel better than you were? Do you have any friends you can rely on to talk to? A support system in place to prevent something like this from happening again? Please do not give up on yourself, your life is too precious!
  7. cetiya

cetiya Member

Unfortunately I do not have anyone to talk to. My last two friends, who live in other states, are sick of me and my depression. My last friend here died years ago. My therapist was the only person I could talk to and she knew it. I'm still in shock and I feel betrayed. I've had three shrinks dump me because of my honesty. I learned my lession, never discuss suicide and don't admit to having any available method.
  8. DrownedFishOnFire

DrownedFishOnFire Quieta non movere

Well...don't know what to say to make this any better but it all boils down to liability. That method is the most dangerous and nothing to be casual mentioning about. Nothing to be triffled with. Once its mentioned all systems are go for those people. Cant blame them for doing those things as a prevention even if you disagree. Its nothing personal against you out of spite its all about this society being sue-happy ..those professionals would have risked losing their licenses if you told them and then you managed to do it. It is mandatory no ifs or buts when it comes up.
    citygirl47 likes this.
  9. Brittless

Brittless All I loved I loved alone...

I've never been to a therapist- not even sure if they help or not- though I guess it's different for everyone. I see here that everyone is justifying the actions of your therapist, which I agree with to an extent, but I just want to say I know how it must feel when you're suicidal and you're going to someone for help and it seems like they don't allow you to speak about what is really on your mind, like it's a faux paux in our society. But I feel like the issue should be addressed more, because it would prevent more suicides. Anyway, thanks for sharing.

10. Unknown_111

Unknown_111 Forum Buddy Staff Alumni SF Supporter

A therapist will help you. Everyone please stay strong as life is important.