My trip to the ER

Discussion in 'Rants, Musings and Ideas' started by pastelmoon, Apr 28, 2008.

1. pastelmoon

pastelmoon Active Member

Let me tell everyone about my day. It might make someone else feel better. On Friday I hurt my upper right tooth in the very back of my mouth. I somehow cracked or chipped it. The pain was very intense but I suffered with it until Sunday. On Sunday the pain was so bad I was in the floor rolling around in pain because it was constant and relentless. I had tried every toothache remedy possible and nothing helped anymore. So eventually I was taken to the ER. Once there the ER gave me a prescription for Penicillin and Loratabs for pain. They gave me nothing while I was there so as soon as we left the hospital I had my prescription filled. I took a Loratab immediately and waited to feel the relief. The relief came but so did something else. I had forgotten that I have a very sensitive stomach. I've taken Loratab before and if I don't eat first it makes me throw up. I took the medicine and my tooth felt better but then I was nauseas. I didn't think I would throw up so I laid down but I did anyway. In fact, I threw up about 6 times before actually going to bed on Sunday. Right now I am awake and its 2 am in the morning. I'm trying to force myself to eat some yogurt because I have to take another Loratab soon. Its taken me about 20 minutes to eat 4 oz's of yogurt. I don't have an appetite after throwing up that much.
  2. Sa Palomera

Sa Palomera Well-Known Member

I'm sorry about your painful weekend, pastelmoon :sad: :hug:
    Hopefully you're feeling a tad better by now?
  3. itmahanh

itmahanh Senior Member & Antiquities Friend

Sorry to hear about your ordeal!! Eww toothaches!! In future something to try, take a whole clove and bite down on it with the sore tooth. Has sometimes worked for me. But tastes like crap!!! lol. Time to see the dentist? Another ewww for me!! lol Hope you're feeling much better today.
  4. kaboodles22

kaboodles22 Member

uhhh that's no fun at all. *hugs* hopefully you feel better soon.