My weight is tormenting me

Status
Not open for further replies.

Petal

~*Mod Extraordinaire*~
Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
All the years I stayed in my house, no exercise or anything I was stick thin, I actually looked anorexic. I did not have an eating disorder though, then years later after being on psychiatric medications I have gained so much weight, I'm actually afraid to weigh myself, last time I weighed myself was about a month ago, I was about 14 stone (196 lbs). Even when my boyfriend comes over for a cuddle, I can't leave him put his hands on me. I am so ashamed of my weight-and to be entirely honest I am not doing anything about it only feeling sorry for myself. I am addicted to coca cola (I know, how ridiculous does that sound?) I drink about 4 litres a day( If I don't drink it, I actually get severe headaches), I eat healthily so I know its the coke putting on the weight. I have a pretty face and nice hair which is a godsend for me but I just need to tackle this weight problem. I find it hard to go for walks because my medication make me feel weak. Rant over. I know weight is not everything but my nieces communion is on the end of next month and I wanna look good. :(

total eclipse

SF Friend
Staff Alumni
I understand your concerns h un speak to your doctor ok there are add ons that will couter the effect of weight gain from the medicaiton I know somone that was like you who also gained so much weight but her doctor added on new drug and she just dropped the weight off. Try cutting back on the pop ok for now replace one with water then two then three
wean yourself off it hun but do speak to your doc ok hugs

JmpMster

Owner Emeritus
Diet coke ! All the caffeine for the headaches and it only tastes nasty the first week or so - after a very short while the regular coke tastes funny.

FrainBart

Staff Alumni
Like others have said, swap to diet coke, and wean yourself off it, because by the sounds of it a caffeine addiction. Which won't do any good in any form (due to the sugars and calories in coca cola) If you like pepsi, perhaps switch to pepsi max.

With diet, start a diary on everything, what you eat what you drink when you drink it how much you have. Assess how many meals you have.

( I did this not too long ago - back in december, and have changed my habbits, now eating breakfast, less fizz, less caffeine, and generally mood has been slightly better, but I have also dropped 2 clothes sizes, so just addressing what you are eating and when you are eating it does a massive difference)
:hug: and if I can do it (and weighing a considerable amount more than you, you can too. You just need to take the right steps forward :hug:

Edit: I also have a weight watchers recipe book, so if you would Like I can copy up some of the recipes, so you can have a browse through and perhaps try some of them out :hug:

Petal

~*Mod Extraordinaire*~
Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
Thank you all for the replies :) I have spoken to the doctor, she has given me diet pills called xenical, she said that's the best there is.But it gives me severe stomach cramps, so I can't take it anymore. She told me to quit the coke that in the long term it will be very bad for me. I have tried drinking diet coke-but it tastes so bad lol! I will try and cut down. I'll start drinking cans of coke instead of 2 litre bottles or I will just go cold turkey, if i want it enough I'll get through the headaches. I will start tomorrow. Vienna-well done! You've done brilliantly, I'm jealous :P

WildCherry

Owner Emeritus
I know Diet Coke tastes awful at first, but if you stick with it, you'll get used to it. I used to drink way too much Pepsi, and when I finally decided enough was enough, I tried Diet Cherry Pepsi, because the cherry dulls the weird aftertaste of the diet soda. Diet Dr. Pepper is also one that doesn't taste as strange.

Going cold turkey might be a struggle. Weaning yourself off it is a good idea. See what happens with reducing intake first, and then add little changes in if it does work out ok for you. And if your boyfriend comes over for a cuddle, let him, as that shows that he likes/loves you regardless of looks.

thepainwithin

you got to quit the pop!!! and i mean that in the nicest possible way. quitting an addiction can be hard, i too have struggled, am struggling with addictions. I had to quit cigarettes. Even though I only smoked for between 1 and 2 years, it was still not very easy at first. But after I was off cigarettes for a while every time I would take a hit it would just make me sick, so it was easy to not go back. I had to slow down on alcohol because once I started it was difficult to stop, a sign of addiction, like saying I'm only going to drink 3 in a 6 pack and then I drink 5.5 and fall asleep.

I'm lucky that I never developed a taste for pop. When I was young I would ask my mom for some and she would give me water, I don't even remember it but apparently it worked.

Do it for your teeth! Pop and energy drinks are very high in sugars and acid; at least for energy drinks, they've been compared to bathing your teeth in acid. Don't have to stop completely, but work towards drinking none at all, that's why I'm trying to do for pot... yes, pot is addictive... i just smoke too much, it's hard to quit. But I try to skip a few days, or save it for late at night when everything is done... etc.. not all at once cold turkey

flowers

i know all too well how horrible I felt every time I was overweight. Its awful feeling. But honestly, I know many very beautiful women who weigh more than you. I know how addictive sugar is. I have heard many reports that say it is more addictive than cocaine. So I stay far away from it. When i got off of sugar, the body fat fell off.

I do not drink things with artificial sweetners. Although I do use stevia that I get from a health food store. it took me a long time to get used to the taste. But I know it is healthy. So I was willing to stick with it. I use it to make lemonade. Amongst other things. You are fortunate you have a pretty face and good hair. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$70.00
Goal
$255.00