My weight loss.

Discussion in 'Self Care and Healthy Lifestyles' started by ~CazzaAngel~, Jul 22, 2008.

1. ~CazzaAngel~

~CazzaAngel~ Staff Alumni

In a year and a few months.... I've lost 45 lbs/pounds (for those of you that go by stones, that is 3.2 stones.) and went down 4 clothing sizes, in that time I have became vegetarian, but lots of the time more of a vegan diet, though I didn't do that specific bit to lose weight, I felt sorry for the animals, I also am a low-carb vegetarian. :laugh:

Though, I've heard of so many being able to lose 10 lbs (.7 stones) a week. I feel like I'm not doing good enough, have I been really below average in my weight loss? :unsure:

2. plates

plates Well-Known Member

No I think that's great because you sound very pleased with your changes.. I'm glad to hear you're not doing things like cutting down carbohydrate- that will make you really tired.

People's bodies are very different, so people will lose weight at different rates. What's most important I think is making sure emotionally you're okay with what you're doing.

3. gentlelady

gentlelady Staff Alumni

Congratulation Carolyn. It is better to take off the weight a little more slowly as it tends to stay off then. You are averaging about a pound a week which is great. Keep it up, but remember to stay at a healthy weight. :hug:

4. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Congrats Carolyn :hug: As far as I know, its healthy to lose 2-3 lb per week :smile:

5. ~CazzaAngel~

~CazzaAngel~ Staff Alumni

It seems like it's taking forever to get down to my goal weight. :sad:

6. Spearmint

Spearmint Well-Known Member

You should be proud of the weight you've lost so far, silly. 45lbs is an awesome accomplishment. Plus, losing 10lbs in a week is ridiculously unhealthy, so don't worry about not losing weight fast enough or whatever, just be proud of how much you've lost so far. :smile::hug:

7. bjoern

bjoern Active Member

Its great to hear that you have lost weight in a such fine way = )
    Keep up the good work!