My Wife Doesnt Support My Music!!!!

Discussion in 'Rants, Musings and Ideas' started by Godsdrummer, Oct 1, 2009.

1. Godsdrummer

Godsdrummer Guest

This may seem like a minor issue to you, but it's important to me.

She doesnt.

AFTER ALL I AM A 43 YEAR OLD MALE. I SHOULDn't BE INVOLVED IN SUCH CHILDISH THINGS. AND WE DONT HAVE THE MONEY ANYWAYS!!!

NOW THAT MY DAMNED ELECTRONIC DRUMKIT HAS BROKEN, (AT LEAST IT WAS ONLY A RENTAL), SHE WONT SUPPORT ME ON GETTING ANOTHER KIT.

I don't know....maybe I should have never gotten back together with her.

My ex girlfriend supported my music and she would have said, we will find a way.

Folks, I AM A MEMBER OF A CHURCH PRAISE TEAM. PEOPLE GET INSPIRED BY THE MUSIC I AND THE OTHER MEMBERS CREATE!!!!

MY SKILLS AS A DRUMMER WERE A DIRECT GIFT FROM GOD AND I HAVE ALWAYS FELT THAT. NOW.......NOW.....NOW WHEN I AM ABLE AFTER 30 YEARS, OF PLAYING MUSIC, TO BE ABLE TO GIVE THAT BACK, AND TO LET GOD WORK THRU ME, NOW, WHEN I NEED TO BE ABLE TO PRACTICE, AND I REALLY NEED TO GET THOSE DRUMS, SHE...SAYS NO!!!!!!!

NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!????????????

DAMN IT!!!!!!!!!

Last edited: Oct 1, 2009
  2. WildCherry

WildCherry Staff Member ADMIN

I'm sorry she's acting that way. Music is a huge part of many people's lives. It's a huge part of EVERYTHING!! I hope you can find a way to continue playing.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 1, 2009
  3. Godsdrummer

Godsdrummer Guest

Thanks, but it doesnt look like it.

4. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

She says no?

If it means that much to you , go and get it anyway even if she does say no. I'm sure she'll understand eventually :hug:
    Whatever you decide to do,I hope you'll find a way! :)

5. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

You and her a partners let her know that again that life is giving and taking right now you need her support ask her for her support as you are going to get the things you need tosurvive.

6. Tastelikeblood

Tastelikeblood Well-Known Member

That's pretty weak sorry she doesn't understand yet, i'm a guitarist and my girlfriend used to not support my music. She used to say it took away from our time together, I've lived with her three years and she finally realized (with my help) that I need ME time and this is my hobby. She still doesn't fully appreciate it :/ Maybe your wife will come along soon enough, tell her it's the only other thing that you love ALMOST as much as her hehe.

7. sucidalgirl99

sucidalgirl99 Well-Known Member

I can relate to you, forpetessake. When I was in a dance class, they were having a show, but my mom said I couldn't. We left during the middle of the diciussion, so I haven't done since.
    Try talking to your wife, and play some of your music with her.

8. thedeafmusician

thedeafmusician Staff Alumni

I get what you mean. To me, music = life. If anyone takes it away from me it's like losing an arm or a leg or worse. Hopefully she'll come around.

TDM

9. Godsdrummer

Godsdrummer Guest

Well the crisis has been adverted with the drums at least. The kit is still under warranty and they are going to send me out a new pedal.

So I still get to play and my wife still gets her peace and quiet.

10. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

woot! Thats awesome :D :guitar:

11. Chargette

Chargette Well-Known Member

God showed you the way to keep playing music at the church. Woo Hoo! You can always turn to Him.

Whether or not anyone else supports your music, it's part of you and your life. This is something that you have and no one can take it away from you.