My wonderfully fantastical psychotic dellusions

Status
Not open for further replies.

SuicideBoy

-I thought I was Jesus.
-I thought I was the son of Satan. I thought I was in purgatory.
-I thought that I was responsable for the Iraq war and was sent on a holy mission to make peace between Osama Bin Laden and George W. Bush.
-I thought I was a war veteran with PTSD.
-I thought I was pregnant. (and I'm a guy).
-I thought I was an X-Man, that my tanned skin was effected by radiation exposure and looked orange to me. I thought that an anti-psychotic drug, Abilify would give me my X-Man powers (you know, like to give abilities :unsure: ).
-I thought that there was a nuclear winter and that the psych ward was some sort of bunker.
-I thought the psych ward was a space ship (apparently I kept asking the staff what planet we were on).
-I thought the meds they were giving me were placebos.
-I thought that the drug Ativan was actually the words add-a-van, and the van was an ambulence (whenever I needed to calm down, it was add-a-van for me).
-I thought Benadryl was a truth syrum to get me to confess things I've done during my psychological evaluation.
-I thought my sister died in a plane crash.
-I thought I was going to invent a new form of math.
-I thought I could organize a walkout with other patients in the hospital.
-I told the staff that I was using recreational drugs (and how the hell would I get recreational drugs in a psych ward?).
-I thought I was the ghost of an alien race tortured and killed millions of years ago singing "all we are saying, is give peace a chance" over and over again.
-I thought that the other people on the psych ward were various manifestations of myself.
-I thought that I was 701 years old.
-I thought I made a drive-by shooting.
-I thought I was a vampire.
-I thought I was in the Matrix.

Fatman1966

Antiquitie's Friend
hehehehe

Shouldn't really say this, but a lot of that sound like it would be fun !!!

I'm sure it wasn't for you, but it made me laugh.

I thought I was special
I thought I was normal
I thought I was hansome
I thought I was thin
I thought I would make a difference
I thought I was happy
I thought I connected with people
I thought I was in love
I thought I was some one else
I thought some one would help
I thought I could do any thing
I thought there was more to life than this
I thought things would just happen
I thought I was doing the right thing
I thought my family really cared
I thought this pain would go away

I thought suicide was the answer

... but to all of the above

I know I am wrong.

T

thinker

-I thought I was Jesus.
That's probably the most common one.

-I thought I was going to invent a new form of math.
Maybe you could?

-I thought I was the ghost of an alien race tortured and killed millions of years ago singing "all we are saying, is give peace a chance" over and over again.
Doesn't sound too different from some things millions of supposedly sane people believe.

-I thought that the other people on the psych ward were various manifestations of myself.
Maybe they were.

-I thought I was in the Matrix.
Maybe you are.

T

thinker

The X-Men thing is common too. There are A LOT out there who think they are X-Men.
Maybe they are. Being Jesus makes no sense, IMO. Developing a bizarre genetic mutation that results in special powers...has a shred of possibility going for it, but I'd say prove your special power.

People need to believe they are special, almost everyone harbors some degree of private delusion(s) about themselves. Why take it away unless it's absolutely necessary? It's more about, can you find people people who will accept you as being that? If you can't, it's much more harmful as a publicly stated belief. That's generally how all larger religious/spiritual (and political) organizations have started out...a small group of people who believe they are special or even not-quite-human.

T

thecleric

hehehehe

Shouldn't really say this, but a lot of that sound like it would be fun !!!

I'm sure it wasn't for you, but it made me laugh.

I thought I was special
I thought I was normal
I thought I was hansome
I thought I was thin
I thought I would make a difference
I thought I was happy
I thought I connected with people
I thought I was in love
I thought I was some one else
I thought some one would help
I thought I could do any thing
I thought there was more to life than this
I thought things would just happen
I thought I was doing the right thing
I thought my family really cared
I thought this pain would go away

I thought suicide was the answer

... but to all of the above

I know I am wrong.

Well said, Fatman.

wow, I think I've found a new friend.... I've thought a lot of lets say 'different' things too...
*I thought I was God
*I thought god was going to kill me
*I thought the prozac they gave me was laced with speed
*I thought I was dead
*I thought I was the only person on earth...
and various other things...
We should talk more,
PM me sometime :)

altek001

i've thought about a new way of doing math and a perpetual motion device...
oh, and have almost done the drive-by.

the age thing, though...very Gackt (eccentric Japanese pop artist, icydk)

- Henry

Ummm yup.

-I thought I was in the Matrix, too
-I was convinced that everyone was actually the same old person dressed up to sneak into my room and kill me
-I always think my hands will take over my body and I'll stab myself to death
-I have an irrational fear of dark rooms because I'm afraid that I'll hear music playing and then have my stomach slit open

there are many other things.

the only one i can't explain is the one i fear is real. see, i dream about demons, and they torture me. i sometimes see them when i'm awake. you know what sucks? i wake up with marks from the torture. i used to think they were self-inflicted, and realized that i couldn't reach my back or make huge bruises across it without waking up.

idk.

therandommike

C

ChemophilicFlaw

I'm sorry to say, but that actually made me laugh (very first post). Not a bad laugh like I'm making fun of you or anything, but like someone had just told a funny joke laugh. Well, here's some stuff I thought when I was younger.

- I thought Digimon were real :huh: .
- I thought I was psychic.
- I thought my dad loved me :laugh: .

As you can see, I don't have many.

You guys make me feel better, I honestly thought I was the only one who was like this...
You know what happend to me?
* I thought everyone was lying to me and they were all going to kill me...
* I thought my life was a movie and I was the only one who didnt know it...
I still sometimes think that. :unsure:

T

thinker

The qualities that lead you to thinking this way can also be personal strengths.

Usually it indicates a natural inclination to question accepted views and think way outside the box.

It also indicates a desire for transcendence, to find some sort of greater meaning beyond normal human existence.

There is an almost imperceptibly fine line between these qualities being useful or being so strong that they lead to insanity. Some of the most valued members of societies or subcultures are on that fine line all the time. You are on the same end of that spectrum as those people are. If you can consistently believe in the same thing and find meaning in it, even if it is crazy, it might actually be useful to living.

The qualities that lead you to thinking this way can also be personal strengths.

Usually it indicates a natural inclination to question accepted views and think way outside the box.

It also indicates a desire for transcendence, to find some sort of greater meaning beyond normal human existence.

There is an almost imperceptibly fine line between these qualities being useful or being so strong that they lead to insanity. Some of the most valued members of societies or subcultures are on that fine line all the time. You are on the same end of that spectrum as those people are. If you can consistently believe in the same thing and find meaning in it, even if it is crazy, it might actually be useful to living.
That makes a lot of sense...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$145.00
Goal
$255.00