My world is collapsing

Discussion in 'Help Me! I Need to Talk to Someone.' started by Pain&Sorrow, Jun 15, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pain&Sorrow

Pain&Sorrow Well-Known Member

It's not official yet, but I have evidence to suggest my SSI(Social Security Income) has been cut-off along with my cash and medical benefits from the state.

If this is true, and is not reinstated by next month, there is a chance I will become homeless. If that happens I will not have access to my doctors or medications.

This is a potentially deadly chain-reaction of problems for me.
  2. IV2010

IV2010 Well-Known Member

I'm sorry you have to worry about this.....
    Is there some way you can check what's happening?
    and if it is being cut is there an appeal process you can use?
    sorry for all the questions..I can understand you're stressing about it but maybe find out first if it's happening for sure or not....
  3. Pain&Sorrow

This is proving to be a very bad day.

The whole SSI and state income thing is a lose-lose situation. The reason being thus:

I recently moved from my fathers' to my mother's house.

In the process I notified the state of my new residence like a good boy.

They sent me a document to fill out about my new homes income and such to confirm my eligibility for SSI and state benefits.

I gladly took said document to my mother so I may get her income information and such.

Then, disaster struck in the form a few words.

Apparently, my mother and step-father had signed a contract when first leasing the house stating that no one else would move in for a permanent residence.

The land-lord is required to sign the state document verifying my new residence.

This gives me two options:

One) Refuse to send in the documentation and not show it to the landlord.
    Consequences: SSI and state benefits are discontinued, possibly rendering me homeless for the simple fact of no income. Also cutting of my medications and doctors. Potent mix.

Two) Bring said document up to the land-lord who will in-turn deem my parents breakage of their contract, causing everyone to be kicked out and possibly sued. Option ones consequences will also ensue.

So. My life is pretty much screwed for right now.

p.s. My mother seems to have gone missing.

She was verified to have left work over an hour ago.
    It takes only a half-hour to get home from her job.
    She was supposed to pick me up for an appointment, so there is no reason for her to take her time.
    She is not answering my txts or calls.
  4. TrentGrad

TrentGrad Well-Known Member

It may not be as bad as what you're thinking.

The benefits may be cut because the forms haven't been completed, right?

Many times there are leases that stipulate who may live in the apartment/home...however it could very well be that if your parents talk to their landlord, it may just be an issue of adding you to the lease. After all, those provisions are not usually in place to prevent people from taking in their loved ones who are struggling with a disability or old age...they're usually there to prevent people from moving several families into one family households.

Or perhaps it's a matter, if you're reimbursing your Mother for living there, that she would qualify as your landlord.

I can relate to the feeling of the world collapsing...I was supposed to return to work today, but a combination of sleep deprivation, and my body rebelling against me killed that. Now I feel like not only did I make it harder to return...but I also am stressed that my boss will be furious, and I'll be fired.

To make matters worse, I had a form to get filled out, and my Doc was supposed to fill it out on the weekend...though now I've been told it's still not ready, and to check back on Thursday!

So I guess tomorrow I'll find out if it's all as bad as I was fearing.
  5. Pain&Sorrow

Heh... Let the end.... begin...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.