My youngest suicide attempt

Discussion in 'After Effects' started by the_me_that_you_know, Jul 12, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Imagine being 11 years old. Far too young to be verbally abused, yet it happened to me anyway. It happened so often that after awhile I didn't want to live anymore. So I got hold of a bunch of pills and just took them all. Suicidal at 11. Oh my fuckin god. Short story: I knew nothing about pills and the real ones were kept out of reach. I had taken too many antibiotics, and spent the rest of the night puking my guts out. I know the outcome was pathetic, but It was an honest attempt. :eek:hmy:
  2. gentlelady

gentlelady Staff Alumni

Sorry to hear that your feelings were that intense by the time you reached 11. I think you will find many people here that felt as you did at an early age. I am glad you ended up sick so you could survive the attempt. You are right that 11 is too young to be verbally abused. In reality, any age is. It is sad that people feel they have the right to harm each other, especially the children. I am glad you shared with us. :hug:
  3. ~CazzaAngel~

~CazzaAngel~ Staff Alumni

I can understand that. I'm sorry you went through the abuse, I know how that is... My sexual and physical abuse started early some younger than 7 and some started at 7. I believe my first attempt was at 12 years old. I feel for you hun, I know how it effects you. (well not you, but how abuse effects people in general) If you ever need to talk please feel free to PM me or add me to MSN. :hug: :hug: :hug:
  4. :hug:
    My first attempt was at nine, so I can understand what you mean by young.
    I hope you're okay.
    As Carolyn said, if you need anyone to talk to, I'm always here.
  5. ShalenaM

ShalenaM Well-Known Member

DAMN! When I was 14, I got addicted to all types of pills, one day, after i got into an argument with my sister..(who sexually abused me when I was litttle) I took almost a bottle of tylenol..and later that day lost my vision for a little while and had to go to the hospital..I thank the Lord everyday I"m still alive..but I"m still having lots and lots of problems...!!:huh:
  6. Bostonensis

Bostonensis Guest

This is d worst nightmare a parent can have.
  7. lost_child

lost_child Well-Known Member

Hi the_me_that_you_know,

I'm sorry to hear that u were verbally abused, I think any age is too young to be abused.

I can relate to being so young and attempting suicide, I was 12 so abit older then u were I was being se*ually, physically and emotionally ab*sed (it had been going on since, well my earlist memory is when I was 3 or 4.. I tried to jump from a building...after my attempt I was referred to a behaviour school!!!! I tried again when I was 15, but this time with tablets..

the sad thing is, that many you young people now days have suicidal feelings, a friends little boy whose 6 told he's mother he wants to die, and keeps putting he's hands around he's throat and stangling himself...its a sad world we live in when children can't be children.

Thinking of you

Lost x
  8. Trip

Trip Member

All my suicide attempts between 8 and 16 were overdoses. I usually ended up very "dizzy" and vomiting a flourescent green. I was fine in two days. I tried different pills but the results always seemed teh same and no one noticed. To this day I'm amazed that I have a functioning liver as I regularly seriously overdosed on pills considered to be highly dangerous to liver functions
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.