Myspace and cold shoulders

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by .R., Aug 7, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. .R.

.R. Member

I'd recently joined myspace and found a few friends from a while back. I contacted them but they all seem to be giving me the cold shoulder. One didn't reply at all and one only replied after I'd asked him if he hated me or something. He just gave me a short response and ignored my other messages. I asked him to be honest with me if he didn't like me. I can see that they've "read" my messages since it changes from sent to read but I don't know why they all seem to be so apathetic towards me. I really don't have a friend in the world at all and not even people who I'd thought of best friends in high school will even talk to me. People just don't like me, I don't like myself. What's the point really? I'd also mistakenly replied to a (ingenious) phishing bot, thought someone had actually taken interest in me. I wish my life would just end soon.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 7, 2007
  2. Reki

Reki Well-Known Member

They just suck, don't let it get to you. You seem like a pretty alright person to me, maybe you just need to meet different people.

3. Ramino

Ramino Member

Stay away from Myspace and other "social networking" websites, they are a pile of sh*t, the single reason for them is self promotion... the members are empty, egocentric b*****ds willing to exploit themselves and others (unfortunatly you in this case) for personal gain, take my advice stick to help forums and talk to people who really care... like the kind of people here (who post for the benefit of other people) who knows... u might actually find a real friend! :biggrin:

4. Random

Random Well-Known Member

I've certainly found that if you're depressed, one of the worst things you can do is try and reestablish contact with people you haven't seen in ages. In most cases, they've moved on and are nothing like you remember them.

I don't know why I did it but I looked up my first GF online and actually got a response but she's married now and has been for something like 10 years. It's kind of hard to continue a conversation once you know you're intruding into someone else's space. What else could I say once she said "I'm married"? I really didn't want to try and start up any romantic stuff. I just wanted to talk to her but I think she didn't believe that.

And that just kind of made me more depressed because I kind of liked the way our relationship ended. We were still in love when we parted and although I always wanted to know what became of her, it was kind of nice thinking she may have gone on thinking of me as fondly as I did of her. She certainly didn't convey that when I talked to her so it kind of shattered my fantasy. I can't look at that star in the sky and wonder if she's looking at the same one anymore and thinking the same thing.

She wasn't rude. She was polite but fairly cold.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.