myspace?!

Discussion in 'The Coffee House' started by hammockmonkey, Jul 26, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hammockmonkey

hammockmonkey Well-Known Member

I lost a job because of my myspace page. the fuckers looked at my page. decided that it wasn't what they wanted. I don't fucking use my myspace page. I haven't updated that thing in fucking years. WHAT THE FUCK. Now it is private.

sorry for the language.

2. Hom.Sha.Bom

Hom.Sha.Bom Member

Do they even have the right to do that? If you like the job try and talk to the person who fired you. Or, better yet, someone higher up. That doesn't seem right at all. I would be pretty pissed if someone fired me over a MySpace account. Tell them it is an old account and see what they say. If you don't mind me asking, what type of job do you have?

3. hammockmonkey

hammockmonkey Well-Known Member

I should edit and say a job opportunity. there is no recourse (at will employment). I work as a field archaeologist, aka field tech. Supposedly we are skilled laborers.

The HR person searches (at least) facebook and myspace for personal information on potential employees. This is too assess the "character" of the potential employees. I've heard of it done in more corporate fields, not so much archaeology.

I learned this because a friend of mine works at the company.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.