N00b saying hello

Discussion in 'Welcome' started by HawkHood, Nov 26, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HawkHood

HawkHood Active Member

Hello,

New here so just wanted to say hi. I'm going through kind of a lot atm, and need all the support I can get. I find it easier to talk to people online, but I sometimes tend to write a lot, so apologies if I go on at times. I've had problems with depression most of my life, and this year events happened which suggested I have a dissociation identity disorder. It's a weird situation for me, being someone who's studied so much psychology and neuroscience, and also given that I'd never really thought about the fact that I "hear voices." I've recently started therapy and it's proving hard. My life's something of a mess after a divorce and a long-term relationship break up, that and being unemployed.

I hope I can also contribute to others here. I'm not just here for myself; I've been told I'm a good listener and I would like to think I'm open minded. How much support I can give and when varies with my moods, but I guess we all find that. I do like to give back though, and I look forward to (hopefully) being a part of the community.

Best wishes to you all.

2. flowers

flowers Senior Member

hi Mephisto. Glad you are here. I personally think this is a great website. Of course many of us have problems with depression. And many, if not most other conditions as well. I think it is a caring community. A great place to be honest about how we are feeling. Knowing that no one will ridicule or condemn for it.
    :welcome::welcome_mouse:

3. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

Just want to say hi and welcome you to SF

4. Witty_Sarcasm

Witty_Sarcasm Writer, Musician, Fun Lover, Magic Maker

Hi Mephisto, welcome to SF. Don't worry about writing too much, you should see how much I write at times. I wonder if I ever shut up :lol: I'm sorry to hear you're going through a hard time, but I'm sure that you will find people here you can relate to. I hope that you will keep posting, and we will be here to help.

5. gentlelady

gentlelady Staff Alumni

Welcome to the forum Mephisto. You will find our members are very supportive of each other and willing to share what has worked best for them as well as their experiences. Make yourself at home here. Write as little or as much as you are comfortable in doing. My PM box is open to you if you need a listening ear and are not comfortable posting something in the open forum. Feel free to check out our chat room as well. We are glad to have you as part of our family. :grouphug:

6. WildCherry

WildCherry Staff Member ADMIN

Hi, and welcome to the site. I hope you find us a supportive group. Sounds like you've had a lot to deal with recently, and I hope we're able to offer you support if and when you need it. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.