n00b seeking help...

Discussion in 'Welcome' started by nordi, Nov 27, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nordi

nordi Active Member

So I found this forum while trying to find a suicide prevention chatroom on google, figured I would post and see what happens. My name is Nordi, I am a married woman in my 20's with two kids, major nerd and gamer. I go through some pretty nasty fits of depression and they are to the point now where I just feel like I am against a brick wall. I need to vent but not in this post. So, yeah, hi.

Just a heads up, I am very meek and shy (and my feelings can get hurt very easily), it's really hard for me to open up so please be nice and patient. :bubbles:
  2. jimk

jimk Staff Alumni

Hi nordi, welcome to suicide forums.. are you in therapy and working with a psychiatrist to combat the depression and such??? from personal experience i find these have helped me a ton..

thank you for letting us know about you with your post.. it said what was needed for you and just rite.. we have some really busy chatrooms here also.. that might be good to try out gingerly.. hope to hear from you again.. tc, Jim
  3. Sadeyes

Sadeyes Staff Alumni

Hi and welcome...glad you decided to join us...I am sure you will find some understanding people here...if you are shy, maybe establishing supportive relationships will be helpful...and please dont forget how much the world needs nerds...people like me count on them, as I am so technically challanged! Welcome again
  4. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

Vent away hun okay it helps welcome to SF
  5. nordi

nordi Active Member

Thanks for welcoming me with open arms, I hope this can be a place where I can come to feel better besides trying to loose myself in video games (like Skyrim).

Jimk asked about therapy...
    I currently have an appointment on Wednesday for a new pych, but I am scared that she will be mean or try to commit me, especially when I explain how bad it's gotten over the last two years. I have sought help in the past but it didn't last long before the doc hurt my feelings by saying something awful or charging me up the wazoo for their terrible services. A good example of something that happened, my last pych told me that I was a horrible person and that my unborn child (at the time) would be better off without me. :blue: We will see what happens...
  6. Stranger1

Stranger1 Forum Buddy & Antiquities Friend

Hi Faren, Wellcome to the forums!!That old doc of yours needs to be put in thumb screws.. He had no right to talk to you like that..If they want you hospitalised then go.. It;s not that bad,rather boreing if anything,,, Ts=ake a good book with you.Take Care,,,
  7. nordi

nordi Active Member

Thank you for being understanding. I hope they don't commit me because I have no one to watch my kids but I will do whatever this new doctor suggests. Doesn't mean I ain't scared shitless though (pardon my language).:nerves:
  8. dice

dice Well-Known Member

Your old doctor is terrible and has no business practicing in the first place. I can't believe that guy has any sort of degree or experience with patients.

Therapy should be something that helps you not hurts you. If your old doctor was like that I can see why you would be scared. Any psychologist is going to be better than the guy treating you previously. You shouldn't feel he is going to judge you. You are there to get help and you should find someone who actually wants to help you out, not someone who will judge you every step of the way. Anyway I'm sure you will be fine. Welcome to the forums and I hope you get better.
  9. nordi

nordi Active Member

Me too, thank you.
  10. Animosity

Animosity Forum & Chat Buddy

Welcome to SF. I hope you find what you are looking for here on the site. If you ever need anything, feel free to PM me. <3
  11. LoveNLost

LoveNLost Member

Hi Nordi,

I to am a gamer, i try to loose myself in such games as Elder Scrolls, Warcraft and the like. Im glad i'm not the only person out there who looks towards games for....somewhat comfort.

Welcome to this forum...i am also new here and hoping to make new friends
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.