NA/ Narcotics Anonymous

Discussion in 'Self Harm & Substance Abuse' started by soliloquise, Jan 3, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. soliloquise

soliloquise Well-Known Member

this is the organisation that helped me get clean in 1992

http://www.ukna.org/

UK Region: serving England, Scotland & Wales
    NA is a non-profit Fellowship of men and women for whom drugs had become a major problem.
    We are recovering addicts who meet regularly to help each other stay clean.
    The only requirement for membership is the desire to stop using.

The information on this site is provided for

* those who think they may have a drug problem.
    * for professionals working with addicts seeking recovery.
    * for recovering addicts

The NA Helpline is often the first point of contact for people needing support and advice about the nature of drug addiction. Anyone from the using addict, their friends and family members through to drug workers and the press are welcome to call. Everyone who volunteers for shifts are Recovering Addicts, many of whom called the Helpline themselves at some point. The NA Helpline is now open 24hours a day, seven days a week, but if, for some reason, you get an answer-phone, please DO leave a message and we will get back to you, with the utmost discretion, as soon as possible.
    Please pass this number on to anyone you feel may need it.

THE NATIONAL HELPLINE
    Helpline number: 0845 FREEDOM [0845 3733366]
    & 020 7730 0009

world links:

http://www.na.org/

ps a tip: although NA in the 12 steps talk about a higher power, they are not a religious organisation. there were athiests in my group and they were guided to use higher self ( ie themselves whole ) or the universal life force that created the world and all living things. I had no probs there and i am a witch, i just used the term " higher power " as i saw it ( in my case a goddess )

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.