NA (Narcotics Anonymous)

Discussion in 'Self Harm & Substance Abuse' started by fromthatshow, Feb 21, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fromthatshow

fromthatshow Staff Alumni

Anyone else go? I went to my first meeting last night. I might go to another one tonight. They are soooo supportive there. Moreso than I've found anywhere else but here. They give you hugs and phone numbers to call. One newcomer cried during one of the parts, it was powerful.
    I am not as heavy as an addict as some, but I have still made drugs a regular part of my life, so hopefully this will help. They say the one rule is that you have to want to quit, I'm not sure how strong that desire is as opposed to the desire to keep using.

So anyway, who else goes, and feel free to talk about why you went and such.
    I've been using pain-killers, pot, and nitrous or whipits I guess they're called.
  2. jameslyons

jameslyons Well-Known Member

I've never been.
  3. possiblities

possiblities Member

i used to go! but i since stopped
    GL get lots of "chips"!
  4. fromthatshow

I'm high right now.

I actually went to an AA meeting by mistake tonight.
  5. fromthatshow

I did so much nitrous tonight. I feel so out of it.

I went to NA tonight, I realized I need to go more. I'm going at least every Monday and Wedensday. I'm going to try to go nearly every night. There are people there that have been going to meetings every night for years! I bought the book, Narcotics Anonymous.
    I think if I keep going this will be a wonderful place of support... not just to stop using drugs... but to fill that emotional gap that led me to them in the first place.
  6. Bob26003

Bob26003 Well-Known Member

I went, its hard though as I dont have transport. Ive been to prolly 7 or so meetings and a dance.

Its really a great group IMO. like you said, very supportive for all aspects of life.

7. fromthatshow

They've offered rides to me... have you not gotten phone numbers? If not you should :)
  8. mnj

mnj New Member

i have over a year clean. done everything from weed to heroin. NA and AA have changed my life. i'm no longer suicidal that's for sure. i found this site looking for support because my fiance committed suicide over a yr ago. 2 months later i got put into treatment and got clean. hated it and wanted to die for a long time, but somehow i didnt get high again. i think my angel was watching out for me in heaven. have you ever read the AA promises? they all come true. i promise. good luck.
  9. fromthatshow

Hey mnj. Welcome to the forum first of all.
    Congrats on a year clean! And sorry to hear about your fiance ended her life :hug:. I've read the entire AA book and now I'm reading all the NA material.
  10. Godsdrummer

Godsdrummer Guest

I am an AA guy myself. The wanting to quit part is the hardest for me. Especially when I live my days alone. I have no problem drinking when my kids are with me. However once they are gone, I want to go "back to the races."

We have some members who are both drug addicts and alcoholics.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.