Name 1 thing that most helps you beat depression

Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by WhyMeWhy, Dec 20, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WhyMeWhy

WhyMeWhy Well-Known Member

Oh, that 's easy: drugs. I can't help but feel all my problems dissappear when I'm high. It changes me for the better & sorts frees my mind from the corruption of the world that saddens me greatly. I truly think I wouldn't be alive today if it weren't for certain drugs.
  2. DanielC

DanielC Member

the obvious problem with drugs is that you aren't actually living anymore. your world becomes a fictional story which you have forced upon yourself.
  3. lifeisnoteasy

lifeisnoteasy Member

Drugs are temporary solution which brings permanent problems, having one is more than enough, why inviting others too.
    I would say any good news makes me feel relaxed and beat depression. But unfortunately you can't get it whenever you want it.
  4. WhyMeWhy

A fictional story? :blink: I'm not taking lsd or pcp or X. I go through my daily routine, high or not. Things are just a little easier when I use.
    And my attitude changes for the better.... I see no probs w/ that.
  5. Wierd

Wierd Well-Known Member

The problems caused by drugs aren't permanent, as life isn't permanent. What if you just keep using drugs to feel good until you die?
  6. Fawx

Fawx Member

I dunno, drugs help me too. If it weren't for them, I really would've killed myself a long time ago. Sometimes people just need certain things to push them through until they can find healthier ways of coping. ::shrugs::
  7. WhyMeWhy

You have no idea what my life is like right now..... :unsure: death come swiftly, I beg of you powers that be. I suffer far too much & I need a break from it.
    Before something really bad happens.... :blink: :eek:hmy: :sad:
  8. 2cents

2cents Well-Known Member

for it will be food; when i stressed up the first thing that i think of is food & it help to calm me down
  9. theleastofthese

theleastofthese SF Friend Staff Alumni

walking my dogs brings me joy and relief, only in this winter weather I can't take them for the long walks we did in summer. But walking my dogs is my favorite thing to do and makes me forget for a few minutes what a waste my life is.
  10. DanielC

DanielC Member

ok, well then keep doing it. i don't mean to preach but imo using drugs, even sometimes medication, to try to fix problems is an inherently faulty method.
  11. ggg456

ggg456 Guest

Lots of sleeping..and some kind of basic routine in terms of housework otherwise everything falls to bits and I start spiralling. Love. The genuine, caring, sweet kind of love. Not the torture- blubbering, dying wreck kind of love.
  12. Angelo_91

Angelo_91 Well-Known Member

i only have temporary fixs which are video games, movies, and hannah montana

CRUSHED Well-Known Member

Well, I don’t have access to drugs, so what helps me the most are nuts and Biology
    I’m hanging in there.
  14. MrA

MrA Active Member

I just read the title and think - alcohol! He's my best friend

Having much work results in depression... these depressions are caused by having no girlfriend, no motivation or courage... and this.. umm.. you know, alcohol :laugh:
  15. expressive_child

expressive_child Well-Known Member

16. Will

Will Staff Alumni

SI I guess. Music, too.
  17. jonstark

jonstark Well-Known Member

Stress relief helps. Less stress - less depression.
    So I side with MrA here. Alcohol helps with stress, he's a friend. Sometimes I think I've lasted years on the thing - because even when you drink much, you still look forward to that next booze-fest with your 'friends'. Doesn't even matter if they are real friends. Alcohol takes care of that too :).
  18. austinhp78

austinhp78 Well-Known Member

i find that meditation works wonderfully but unfortunatly, for some reason i have shifted back into my old habit of SI'ing...
  19. pillowperson27

pillowperson27 Active Member

for me it would be crying. i feel a little better after i've cried. increased sexual desire and then a sleep afterwards.
  20. neverdie

neverdie Guest

For me, it's spending money on some sort of toy which to play with. Some computer part, or new mechanical machine which to take my mind off my troubles.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.