Status
Not open for further replies.

_Lily_

Forum Buddy
I have 4 voices and i have named them God , reaper satan and dark angel
Do you think its ok to name them ?
its not that its going to make me any worse , they are here for the long hall
God: says things to encourage me not to hurt my self drink and calms me
Reaper:wants me to drink and hurt myself But he says it like some one who is saying it in a sort of kind way
Satan: tells me to cut myself, drink and kill myself tells me that am worthless and that everyone would be better of if i was dead
dark angel :she is very negative says things like i should just give in and cut or drink always depressive

My dr and pdoc all know about my voices and am on medication for them but the medication only dulls them down not take them away
I no longer see my p doc any more because she said i am stable enough to just see my dr

I know that i have to listen to God more than i got to listen to the others
Do you think its normal to give names to voices ?
or am i just weird

total eclipse

SF Friend
Staff Alumni
No you are not weird ihave 4 family members with schizophrenia and they give their alters a name i think alot of people do hugs I also think if you are still hearing voices your meds are not working for you then ask your pdoc to try something new

are you also seeing a therapist?

idk what the healthiest way is to deal with this. would it help to remember that the voices are imaginary?

I guess it would be better if you had no voices, but I'm glad that if you have them that at least one says good things to you.

ok, I say this a lot, but maybe acupunture would help.

maybe also meditating, trying to clear your mind completely. if the voices are there, just let them go maybe? maybe just focus on breathing?

I hope that you feel better soon!

houseofcards

I don't necessarily give them names, but I refer to them as he, she, it, and they, since ones a males voice, ones a females voice, one sounds like me, and now i'm getting what sounds like i'm in the middle of a mall and hear tons of people talking at once and can't understand any of it.

barto

I name mine, but I gave them people names. So far it's Xavier and Pandora. I haven't gotten around to naming the new female.

icequeen

i dont have voices as such, more suggestive thoughts or mind chatter, but i dont think its weird that you have named them, its kinda cool in a way that you acknowledge them as part of you and that you know what each voice wants of you. i am so glad you realise that there is one voice above all others that you should listen to but am kinda curious as to why you named them as you did.

have you ever thought that in fact that people who hear voices are special from the rest of us...it doesnt always have to be a bad thing to have alters...for example, you always have someone to talk to, you can blame your alter for the mess...i am not making light of this...just trying to put a positive spin on it. dont feel unusual for naming them...it would be like denying yourself :hugtackles:

Evixen

SF Veteran
I named the cat I see and hear Bob, and the man Stan. I don't think it's weird, but my doctor says not to refer to things that aren't real as if they were.

TBear

Antiquities Friend
I didn't name them - they have always had names though as far back as I can remember.... it just is - and they are all me.

I always thought everyone had voices going in their minds to help them decide stuff and switch out to their areas of expertise...

So - no, I don't think it is odd...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$70.00
Goal
$255.00