NaNoWriMo! A SF group activity!

Discussion in 'The Coffee House' started by Malchance, Oct 20, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Malchance

Malchance Well-Known Member

Hello, hello! Malchance here with some fun news! NaNoWriMo is coming up, as it always is, in November and some folks in the chat thought it might be fun to add each other to our buddies lists and write together.

"But Malchance," You are probably asking, "What is this NaNoWriMo, I know you would never point me in the wrong direction but I would like to know more!" And I say excellent question hypothetical SF member.

NaNoWriMo is, simply put an event where all through the month of November we write a novel. At least 50,000 words by November 30th and you become a winner! They send you a winners certificate and post your name to a list, a list of winners! Exciting, I know. So it works like this:

You go to the site before November 1st, you can register afterwords but then you will not be starting with us and it will make me sad. Then after making and confirming the account you can either set up your novel, like its name, genre, and the like, or just start adding buddies! The idea being that if you have friends who are also writing with you; it will help create motivation for you to continue writing. While writing the site sends you messages over a PM system which gives you information and helpful tips from published authors.

Some of you might be thinking "Malchance, I know you would never lead me astray on purpose, but I am still unsure if I am good enough, and want some more information." No problem again! You can write as much as you are able to and should just try it, I say. Very few things in life are as satisfying as making a novel, and you may even surprise yourself! But if you want more information here:

The whole set up is free, run by those who donate and can help, and it does not give out any personal information you do not want it to.

My username for my friends on this site is: Misfortune

Add me, and let's write together. :D
  2. Prinnctopher's Belt

Prinnctopher's Belt Antiquities Friend SF Supporter

3. lightbeam

lightbeam Antiquities Friend

Malchance, you have been added. I am 'whatsizbucket'. And I see you are from Utah. We be kin, my hermaphroditic bald eagle! Maybe we should get together and blast out the word war against Utah county! Mwhahahahaha!!!
  4. Prinnctopher's Belt

Prinnctopher's Belt Antiquities Friend SF Supporter

Yay! Bump for November.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.