1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Narcolepsy

Discussion in 'Rants, Musings and Ideas' started by Krem, Oct 27, 2010.

1. Krem

Krem Well-Known Member

Yay self-diagnosis time. The past week, I've been tired, no matter how much I sleep. I am tired alot, to be sure, but rarely this much. Anyway, I started my day by waking up. A dozen times. Waaay before I needed to get up, and before I usually awake. I can hardly remember my dream(s), but I remember I got a rune, which drained all my strength away- I couldn't even crawl. Thus I know I was partially awake/aware, and had sleep paralysis. Well, I get up, grab a slice of bread, and hop off to school, as usual. After the first class, I began to feel even more tired, and my legs and left arm got weak. Third class, I couldn't keep my head up, and my arms were dead. Once I was informed that, since I didn't do the first assignment, it'd be written down that I wasn't in the class, I left for home. It took me 2 times longer than it does, and it was quite tempting to simply stop and sleep. I figured that I just needed food, since I hadn't eaten for a while, which is due to me having a raid last night, and so skipped dinner, and I eat very little during the day. Anyway, I come home, eat, and google "sleep paralysis persist through day". I found some wikipedia articles.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Narcolepsy
    Lovely. So, I checked on Cataplexy.
    Hooray self-diagnosis.

Now if you'll excuse me, I'm going to have a nap or 5.