National Depression Week!

Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by RainbowChaser, Apr 16, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RainbowChaser

RainbowChaser Well-Known Member

Apparently (and I didn't know this till 5 minutes ago) it's National Depression week. The theme for this year's week (which runs from 16th to 22nd April) is "Now We're Talking", which is aimed at getting health professionals to communicate better about patients under their shared care.

~*~​

If it helps, I personally think that "Now We're Talking" can also refer to the suffers alone just talking about their illness/symptoms as a way to make themselves feel better or about raising general public awareness of depression. And why not?

If anyone has any suggestions for how to use this week to raise awareness in any way, feel free to post them here!

PS: For those intersted Childhood Depression Awareness Day is on 8th May!

2. sarahg

sarahg Well-Known Member

at the school where i work-primary-we have a box where the children can put their worries in.From anything from serious to a lost my ball.We have a trianed counselor come in every other day and check the box.each is dealt with ,we also have a circle time where every class has a topic a week-like weight,loss,friendships,bullying where it is disscussed,as the adults we say what has effected us (obviosly in their understanding-ages) even the 4 year olds have this.It is great. sorry just wanted to share that.

3. RainbowChaser

RainbowChaser Well-Known Member

I love that!

4. Fuzzy Monkey

Fuzzy Monkey Well-Known Member

5. That would rock to have one of those, but our school sucks and would probably beat us if we asked to see he counselor with our problems. Our counselor now spends most of her time talking to this one student who THINKS they have problems, but I think it just may be gas. :dry:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.