Naw, don't do that

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by make_me_bad, Aug 8, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. make_me_bad

make_me_bad Well-Known Member

Look, anyone who posts here isn't ready to die yet, or you wouldn't be posting here. It's that simple. Don't lie to yourself. You're here for comfort, or because you're lonely, or maybe even to try to solve your problems or help others with theirs, and I think that's great.

What you don't need to be doing is making threats about how tonight is tonight, or three weeks from next Tuesday, or if this or that happens one more time. There are better ways to get the attention you're needing, like asking, for example. If you keep talking yourselves up like that, you just might try it. The thing is, you don't have the resolve to finish it yet (or you wouldn't be reading this), and you'll end up taking half a lethal dosage, or calling 911 when you reach the point of no return. Now you'll likely end up in some stupid hospital or something, in the care of people whose job it is to care, for money, when you could have gotten real care here for free. Better yet, you could fuck up something important, like your heart or your brain, and shorten your life span by thirty years which will suck in little while when your depression clears up and you realize what a short chapter in your life it was.

I probably sound harsh but that's reality and I'm trying to help.

2. Carfax

Carfax Member

You raise a good point. It's actually a fact that while statistics show that people who talk about it are somewhat likely to attempt it, when you stop wanting help completely is when you should start worrying. Srsly.

It's not harsh in my opinion, it's simply realistic. Facing reality is not always easy, but there are people willing to help. In fact, some people just live to help others, it's what makes THEM want to keep living.

3. make_me_bad

make_me_bad Well-Known Member

That's exactly right, they're more likely to attempt it. Nothing's worse than a failed attempt.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.