Near-death-experience

Discussion in 'After Effects' started by NottiShark, Jan 16, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NottiShark

NottiShark Member

I just wonder since a lot of you folks were pretty close to death did you have anything similar to those famous NDE ? If yes, have they changed you in anyway?

2. NYJmpMaster

NYJmpMaster Have a question? Message Me Staff Member Forum Owner ADMIN

I have read a few places on here of this....I personally am of the old boring belief 'lack of oxygen in areas' , slowed electrical impulses, etc causing mild hallucination or delusion...

3. Kiba

Kiba Well-Known Member

I had a NDE.. Saw myself once and the people that found me before I woke up.. I guess it didn't really change anything for me.. Just makde me more confused if I actually died and was sent to another parallel dimension or what actually happened in the event..

4. NottiShark

NottiShark Member

Yea, I've been also a BIG skeptic of those for a long time. But now when I read some research I'm not so convinced anymore. Maybe there is a logical scientific explanation for them we still don't know about. The most interesting cases of NDE are people with heart attack cos when your heart stopped working very soon afterwards (like 15seconds) your brain shuts down completely as well. The EEG line is absolutely flat. So from medical point of view you shouldn't have any consciousness at all!

I'm not saying that NDEs are any type of evidence for anything but when you read some legit, peer-viewed research about them you might get to conclusion that actually science doesn't have any compelling explanation.

5. carebear32

carebear32 Well-Known Member

In 2003 I was involved in a motor vehicle accident and I was told that the doctor had to resusitate me twice on the operating table and I have no memory of anything. All I do remember is 2 weeks in ICU.

6. Kiba

Kiba Well-Known Member

when I had my surgery when I was 11 / 10 for apendicitus, I was allergic to the medications they used.. But I only remember the entire time all I could see was black and I had similar feelings as when I was in a NDE.. in death (for me) I think emotions are experiences in a different way in the next life.. I have no real way to explain it.. but its a lot fuller feeling.. I don't know if I was near to death or not at the time of 11 / 10, but more then likely I was as the procedure was done almost immediately after I had been seen.. And I had been sick a while..

7. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Same here. I died in the psych ward back in 2010, they had to resusitate me but I don't remember anything either.

8. mpang123

mpang123 Well-Known Member

I was in a coma in the ICU after a major suicide attempt. One time I remember seeing myself from above, looking down on me just laying there in a hospital gown on a hospital bed/guerney. I was very disturbed by the sight of me laying there lifeless, but then I returned to my body and I knew subconsciously that I was still alive until I woke up 9 days later. That image still haunts me today, and it's been over 9 months since the incident. I am fortunate I made a complete recovery, even though I have PTSD because of the entire experience.

9. emily83

emily83 Well-Known Member

the closest i've had to this is - well, believe i met the angel of death.. i remember the shivers going down my spine and everything- and the hands of the angel round my kneck

10. Lost in translation

Lost in translation Active Member

Angel of death? Would like to know more if you care to share. I have always been intrigued with nde's

11. frantic

frantic Well-Known Member

i did an especially bad attempt in october that according to the icu people i really shouldn't have survived (and boy do i wish i hadn't). i was unconscious in the icu for three days. i did not see any white lights, or myself from above, or anything. it was like sleeping for three days.
    afterwards however, i felt totally different. i had this incredible feeling of serenity. iwas at total peace with myself and the world. it was wonderful. unfortunately it didn't last. i wish i could feel like htat again. my psychiatrist thinks it's because of the nde.

12. flowers

flowers Senior Member

I think your psychiatrist is wise

13. foxontherun

foxontherun Member

Yes. Whilst in a coma with my heart and breathing stopping and on life-support, I suddenly realized I was on a beach near my (former) best-friend's holiday house, and it was windy with a storm on the horizon. He turned to me and said: "you have to go now, but don't be afraid".

Also hallucinated other stuff, like the life of a Cambodian soldier in the 1970s... yep.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.