Near death experience?

Discussion in 'Help Me! I Need to Talk to Someone.' started by minime, May 4, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. minime

minime Well-Known Member

I am not sure if this is an appropriate question here. If not, mods please delete this. But for those of you who have attempted, have you had a near death experience? I am one who believes in heaven and hell. The truth is, and I think I have shared this earlier, one of the things that is stopping me from suicide is that I might go to hell for it.

When my mom was on her deathbed (she died from complications from diabetes) she was screaming in fear saying that there were many snakes crawling all around her on her hospital bed and snakes on the ceiling. My Dad was told that it was the medication she was on that caused the hallucinations. I was wondering, why see snakes? Why not see bats or a gorilla or other scary things? When I hear people speak of their loved ones in heaven I am ashamed to think that my own mother might have gone to hell.

I do not know what your beliefs are but my life on this earth has already been very difficult and I am looking forward to the promises of God in the bible (I am a firm believer of the Christian bible) that there is another world where I will be loved unconditionally and be accepted. Where there is no more death, no more sickness, no more pain and tears.

I am wondering what you believe will happen after this life. Has anyone had a near death experience?
  2. carekitty

carekitty Guest

I haven't personally, but I am also a firm believer in God and the Bible.

I have heard stories of people who have been clinically dead for some time, and have had "after life" experiences.

I also look forward to heaven, but I want to enjoy my time here as well. Remember that Jesus said he came to give us life more abundant, and I think that means he cares that we have some happiness on this Earth. I hope that you are finding some in your life.
  3. cult logic

cult logic Staff Alumni

I've always found it interesting how when people have near death experiences it pretty much always coincides with whatever religion they are, thus proving their(every) religion beyond a reasonable doubt. :rolleyes:

A near death experience in my opinion is not much different from a drug trip.

To answer the question, no, I never experienced one of these fantasies. Once I am dead I will simply no longer be, same as before I was born.
  4. lonercarrot

lonercarrot Well-Known Member

There is a part of the brain called the Pineal gland. It produces a hallucinogenic drug called DMT, it's responsible for dreaming. We dream because this gland produces the drug in REM sleep.

At times of extreme stress, even if you are conscious the gland will produce heavy amounts of DMT, much more than when you are sleeping. It also pumps out heavy doses of DMT at times of near death. This has been attributed to near death experiences, alien abduction stories, "life flashing before my eyes" stories.

If you are afraid of hell and afraid of going there, you will most likely have a bad trip when you die. (Like you would with any drug if you are in a bad state of mind)
  5. Daphna

Daphna Well-Known Member

I was almost murdered by an ex boyfriend. I was also knocked out by inhaling gas from a leaky stove [not on purpose], and I fell asleep driving and nearly crashed into the back of a 18 wheeler.Hello, I too am a believer. I am new here. Interesting post. Hallelujah! The promises of Yahweh are sweet. Romans 10:8-7 may help you in your mom situation. Blessings..
  6. Marty482

Marty482 Well-Known Member

Write if you like,

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 27, 2010
  7. kote

kote Account Closed

do you mind me asking what her complications were?

im a newly diagnosed diabetic also very suicidal.

im sorry to hear about your anguish, its an experience no one should suffer!!!
  8. Dave_N

Dave_N Banned Member

Hi minime. Visions/dreams of snakes does not mean that your mom was in hell. The typical setting of hell is 'hell fires and grimstone.' I am interested in near death experiences because I am into the paranormal. I haven't personally had any near death experiences, but I have tried astral travelling before. Dreams/visions of snakes can be a sign of a spiritual experience.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.