nearly there

Discussion in 'Self Harm & Substance Abuse' started by speedyg747, Oct 13, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. speedyg747

speedyg747 Guest

i have been self harming for 4 years now and have had a number of failed suicide attempts which make me feel even worse. i currently go school counselling and since i been going (for a month) i have tried to kill myself twice but never have the courage to tell my counsellor.the last time i self harmed was 2 nights ago and it was only 3 cuts which is good for me...im just scared that things will get more serious and i wil end up dead somewhere....

2. consciousinsane

consciousinsane Well-Known Member

From what you said it seems like you really don't want to die. Which is good! Why can't you tell your counsler about your latest attempts? Herhaps they could help talk you thru it. I know it's hard confronting people with things like this. I still have trouble opening up to my therapist and have been going to him for six months now. However, when I do open up and seek that help, I no longer feel as ashamed of what I done. He doesn't think any different of me than before.

It's also good to hear that it's been two nights since your last SI. I've gone three days myself. I'm hoping to make it 5 days.....providing my weekend goes good....
    I hope you are able to stay strong and keep from cutting as well. And remember, it's ok to open up to your counsler....it's what they are there for.

3. allofme

allofme Staff Alumni

hi there and welcome

i too have self harmed and at times it has gotten pretty bad... like you they were more like failed attempts rather than severe self harming..

i agree with consciousinsane... telling may be really difficult but it usually has positive results...

i also agree that u do want to live... as painful as life may be you still want to be a part of it... please use all the coping skills and people that are here to help you as possible...

you are worthwile and deserve a life that is meaningful to you.. and free from excessive pain...emotional or otherwise...

hugs and hopes

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.