need a bit of help to decide

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by Theory, Oct 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Theory

Theory Well-Known Member

Im currently talking with mother on msn. Ive showed her my welcome presentation post.. shes not mad. and now shes asking me all sorts of questions. and its making me feel even more worse! :sad: Ive put away all sharp objects... but still. could someone support me please?:mellow: i really dont know what to do!

OMG: she just asked me what if i took my life away and she never knew my feelings...

what should i say, im stuck now!:sad: :sad: :sad:

2. Stranger1

Stranger1 Forum Buddy & Antiquities Friend

Just how good is your relationship with your mom? If you are close then sit her down and talk to her be honest! She sounds from the little you have said,isthat she is a strong woman. She would back you up getting professional help. Try getting a therapist not a counselor. Tell her/him what is happening and you would want her to come in so she can get a taste of what you are going thru. Talk to the therapist and let them know things that you don't want brought up. Good Luck To You!!~Joseph~

3. Theory

Theory Well-Known Member

it's kinda hard to sit down with her when she lives at the otherside of the country... :sad: thank you S. :smile:

4. patacake

patacake Well-Known Member

hi hun

look ur in a bad place so at the moment just explain that showing her the welcome post is as much as u can do and that she should decuce from that things arent feeling great, take ur time hun gradually u will either improve hopefully or may feel that she is someone u can talk to a lil more , what u cant do hun is rush these things , well done for puttting sharps away - keep them away and come here for support .

With regards to ur mom s question , just reassure her that u are still here and that still here is where u are going to try to stay .

:HUG:

Jo xx

5. Theory

Theory Well-Known Member

shes seen my post, and all the others.... Thank you so much.:mellow:

6. gentlelady

gentlelady Staff Alumni

I hope you will be honest with her and let her support you in any way she can. You can talk with her even if she is miles away. Seeking out a therapist is a good idea. They can help you understand why you feel as you do and realize you are not alone or unique in your thoughts. They can also help you devise a safety plan for those times when you are totally overwhelmed. Please at least consider things. :hug:

7. Theory

Theory Well-Known Member

I don't want him to know!... :sad: If I seek a therapist, (cost...) but it'll make him know. don't need that right now...

8. Stranger1

A therapist will not judge you! they will ask a battery of questions at first so they can get to know you. I have a woman therapist because I trust them more. She knows every minut detail to my life. I have told her just about everything. She actually gets me to smile every now and then, then she cracks up laughing at me and asking just how good that felt rather than being gloomy all the time. I don't know where you live but here in Florida you can get financial aid to deal with mental health issues. Something you can check into. I use to see Gina every week and have finally cut it back to twice a month. Therapists also work on a sliding scale to help people who have no insurance to be able to afford to see them. Like I said just check into it. Take Care!!!~Joseph~

9. aoeu

aoeu Well-Known Member

Yeah, therapists aren't bad for suicidal things... Still not great, they get a bit worried, but not bad. The easiest way to do it, in my experience, is to look at your feet and say that you've been having suicidal thoughts, on the very first time you two get into why you're there. They will ask why you're feeling that way, and you can explain it.

Also, if you're not going to go through with it, tell them this. They get worried.

10. Theory

Theory Well-Known Member

thank you so much! both of ya.. but i still aint too sure.:sad::unsure:

11. aoeu

aoeu Well-Known Member

I know the feeling, but you will not regret it.

12. Theory

Theory Well-Known Member

sigh, to see a therapist, need father approval. to get to a therapist cause i live in a small town, 1k people and dunno if there is any in the clossest city which is pretty small also.... i need father to drive me. Father is one of reasopns why i cut an why im feeling like this all the time. so i dont feel like he needs to know. hes just a jerk... :mad: so im stuck :sad:

13. Stranger1

Well I said it before talk to your mom and maybe move to where she is. You don't have to take your fathers crap!! Hell my daughter is 26 and has a daughter of her own. She had run out of places to live so I brought them to Florida to live with my sister and me! There is always an alternative you just need to find yours. Talk to you later!~Joseph~

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.