Need a friend to tell me it's going to be ok

Discussion in 'Welcome' started by Hitoandbugs, May 24, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hitoandbugs

Hitoandbugs New Member

Hi I'm new to the site. In fact it's my first chat site ever. I've never really thought of myself as being depressed until recently..... I lost my younger brother in a terrible and violet carjacking (he was the victim who lost his life while the criminal got a few bumps and bruises). Yes I'm still angry, confused, scared and depressed over the loss of his life and not sure how to deal with it. Most recently I lost my job and have been unable to find a new job. I've always put my family and career first before myself. I am always the strong one that needs and holds my family together....I'm not sure if I can do it anymore. I've been married for over 27 years years to my high school sweetheart and we have 2 children, but this too has fallen apart. He is constantly going out and staying out late at the bar playing pool and I believe he is having an affair but denies it. I've been a good strong, dependable wife and mother for over 27 years. I don't abuse my children, I don't drink (occasional wine)' I do not smoke, I do not do drugs, I've been faithful, I keep a clean and organized house, I am (was) the main income earner, I manage the household finances....basically I thought I was doing everything right in life and now realized that nothing good has comes of it.... Maybe it was the loss of my brother and the loss of my job that made me realize i don't really have anyone in my life to talk to about it. You would think that my husband would be here to help me he is not.... Because I am the strong one for my family and friends it's hard to go to them about how I feel so'i am reaching out online in hopes to find someone to talk to.

2. Hatshepsut

Hatshepsut Guest

Welcome. I hope you find it useful to you.

3. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

I am glad you are reaching out here It helps to talk and to be heard. Have you considered marriage councilling even if your hsb won't go you go ok and get the support you need

Your children need you here hun ok but you do not have to be strong one all the time it is impossible sometimes it is ok to just say it how it is. Let your hsb know that you need his support now and if he cannot give it to you then get professional help I am sorry for the loss of your brother and i hope you can get some help to deal with his death hugs

4. LostInMyDaydreams

LostInMyDaydreams Well-Known Member

Hello & Welcome to SF. This is a very supportive place, I hope you find all the support you can on here. :hug:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.