Need a hug

Discussion in 'Rants, Musings and Ideas' started by scotlandstudent, May 12, 2012.

1. scotlandstudent

scotlandstudent New Member

Hello people

I'm new here, be nice! Having some problems, kid stuff compared to what a lot of people are going through on these forums but I wondered if anyone could give me some advice or a big hug :(

Summary

• I'm overweight and have been trying to lose weight for years without success. NHS don't want to know because I'm only 'obese' not 'morbidly obese'. I tried not eating but couldn't bear it and ate loads. I eat for boredom and comfort mostly. Don't eat lots of crap just too much (double servings etc.)
    • I hate my university course - should have been done this year but due to a problem academically I had to resit a module over a whole year! So I've got a year to go on the course I hate and all my friends are graduating as we speak, its frustrating.
    • Can't find a job, so I'm totally bored and have no money
    • I have OCD which is much better than it was a year ago but I can't seem to rid myself of the last remnants, and for those who have done CBT treatment, it's not the sort of thing you can do if your symptoms are intermittent like mine are now.
    • I live on my own (I pretty much have to given my OCD) which I don't actually mind normally but having fallen out of step with uni friends etc. I don't see people much and I get very lonely sometimes.
    • I'm worried about getting a job etc. when I graduate given the economy
    • I recently realised I was gay and I'm not sure how I feel about relationships etc. - I'm not into the casual sex scene in the city, don't seem to be many gay people who are like me and want to have meaningful relationships
    • I'm pissed off that when I do find someone I won't be able to marry them

Sorry for the rant. Not sure what else to say..

2. Witty_Sarcasm

Witty_Sarcasm Writer, Musician, Fun Lover, Magic Maker

Hi scotlandstudent, glad to have you here! I'm sorry that you are going through a tough time! I wish I could give you a real hug, but I guess this will have to do for now :hug:

First off, not eating won't help you lose weight...basically your body will go into starvation mode and you may even end up gaining weight...I eat for boredom and comfort too, so I know it's a hard habit to break. But I know you can do it...you can still eat "junk", just every once in a while. Try to eat healthier and be more active....it doesn't have to be hard work, maybe even a little walking or something, as long as you are doing something.

Is there a way you can change your course if you don't like it? Sorry you can't find a job, it's hard to find a job here too. But don't get down on yourself because of it. There are places that can help you find a job. So maybe look into something like that.

I don't know much about OCD, but that's good that you are having less problems with it...you should be proud of that! You can't expect to get rid of it completely yet, but you sure have come a long way and that's a great accomplishment. I don't have many friends either and get lonely, but you can always meet new people.

You will find the right person for you---don't worry too much about it right now, just concentrate on the things you want to change the most first. I wish the best of luck and hope things start working in your favor :)