Need a product to repair my skin

Discussion in 'Help Me! I Need to Talk to Someone.' started by lostpuppet, Apr 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lostpuppet

lostpuppet Member

Alright first of all, I lied about my age in a previous post. I said I was 30 something when I'm really only 21. But I do feel kind of old now.

It all started 4 months ago. I noticed that I was starting to develop 2 very thin frown wrinkles on my forhead, so I decided to improve my skins elastistity. I went to the Body Shop and was told that vitamin C was a good solution, so I purchased them and started using them for 14 days, by which stage I noticed something odd about my forhead. I could see all these very tiny wrinkes all over my forhead. My skin had actually aged, but I hadn't noticed until it was to late.

I was totally shocked and didn't know what to do at first. I went onto the internet and read up about vitamin C. I found out that if a vitamin C cream had oxidised it would not help your skin and it might end up making your skin age. I took the product back to the Body Shop and got a refund. I wanted to take things further and sue the company, but I was and still am too scared. All I want now is my old skin back. I am ashamed of the way I look and I never spike my hair up now. I just want to grow my hair long to hide my ugly skin.

I've been using all sorts of different products for over 3 months now and still haven't seen any improvements. Some of the products I've used are rosehip oil, lipobase advanced night repair, claris anti-wrinkle control cream, and QV face nurturing night cream. If you know of any products that I could try using then please let me know. I will be very greatful.

I really feel like suicide now. I know I am being really selfish and there are many people out there who are worse off than me, but all the bad things that have happened to me lately have all added up and this skin problem will probably be the final nail in the coffin. God has no right to take these things away from me. I have not done anything wrong. I've tried my best to be a good person but I just keep on getting problems and then I develop obsessions with things that take over my life. It's like I'm living in my own fair every day. I just don't see any reason to go on now. I have been told that things will get better, but they never do, they just get worse and worse. I would like to one day think that things will be different, but I just have to remind myself that this is a real world. Basically, I've had enough of life and of God. I'm sorry for being so selfish, but I probably won't be able to post in this forum again so you won't have to worry about me any more. I will go to a better place (I hope). I just wanted to leave a message somewhere, just to leave a mark that I was once here.
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 3, 2008
  2. Fishman

Fishman Guest

please don't lie to people on the site...besides we can't give you proper advice if you do.
  3. lostpuppet

lostpuppet Member

Well I'm sorry for lying about my age. Everything else I've said is true. Don't know what else I can do really, this site obviously can't help me and I'm just wasting everyones time.
  4. dazzle11215

dazzle11215 Staff Alumni

hey lostpuppet, don't worry about the age thing, it doesn't really bother me.

as for your skin, how stressed you must be. i would say the best thing is to go and see a dermatologist. if you keep trying new products it's probably aggravating your skin problems... your skin needs a rest and may be able to heal itself. but a dermatologist can give you some proper advice. why don't you call and make an appointment, or get a referral from your family doctor if you need to. and stop putting *anything* on for now, no cremes, lotions or potions!

i don't think this is a silly reason to be distressed. different things bring us to our breaking point. for me it was flunking my driving test. from the outside it seems crazy that a driving license could bring a 42 year old to attempt suicide but that's how it was. it just seemed like it was the final evidence of my 'loserdom' which was a feelign that had been lurking in me for some time. within 7 weeks of my driving test i attempted.

looking back, i only wish i'd asked for help before the attempt, but that's okay. i'm getting help now and am on the mend.

you are not a waste of time and i'm glad you posted. let me know how it goes?

5. Swollen

Swollen Active Member

Are you positive that the company did not tell you "vitamin E" instead of "vitamin C" for your skin? Because E is super good for your skin--injesting a capsule and applying the liquid formula both.
    Also, C is suppose to be really good for the immune system--thus, helping the skin to repair itself. I'm truly sorry for your mishap.

Any way, I'll list some things below that I'm fairly certain is good for skincare...

So, you may want to look at getting some:

Vitamin A --suppose to help with fine lines and wrinkles.
    Vitamin E --capsules to injest and possibly some liquid to apply; good for things like scars even
    Vitamin B complex --good for your body all-around; the Bs really help skin too; don't apply it but take a capsule daily
    MSM (short for Methylsulfonylmethane) --this basically helps cells to interact better; I like the powdered forumla so I can mix it in with a drink.
    L-Lysine --suppose to be really good for cellular and tissue repair; take as directed (I think you can only take so much every day for like 6 months, then you need to be off of it for 6 months before you start back so it keeps working properly in your system)
    Zinc --ointment application or oral, I believe. Zinc is suppose to help with wrinkles, dry skin, and a lot of other skin-related stuff.
    H2O --make sure to keep your body fully hydrated at all times; 8 glasses a day is always good for your body and it helps your skin to not dry out and get damaged as easily

...That's all I know of that you could begin taking for your skin. I really hope things work out for you and your skin condition improves so that you no longer feel unattractive.
  6. lostpuppet

lostpuppet Member

Catherine and Swollen, thank you so much for your advice.

I will stop putting products on my skin for now and will go and see a dermatologist. I should have gone and visited a specalist before, but I wasn't sure what type of doctor to go and see. I will also start taking vitamin supplements.

Catherine, I sort of know how you feel with the driving test. I failed my restricted 3 times and my full twice (We have three stages for getting a license in New Zealand: Learners, Restricted and Full). I felt like a complete idiot because everyone else I knew had passed all their tests the first time, but I had even taken professional driving lessons and had really struggled.
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 4, 2008
  7. Melmoth the Wanderer

Melmoth the Wanderer Well-Known Member

I'm sorry to hear that you're having such a hard time right now. There is a lot of pressure nowadays to always look "young," which has strangely become synonymous with "beautiful."

Do you sunbathe or go to tanning salons? UV rays damage and age the skin quite rapidly. It's rather ironic that right now, one must be tanned and youthful in appearance to be considered beautiful, though they really work against each other.

Going to a dermatologist is never a bad idea, but be aware that some of the things they give you can make your skin more sensitive to the sun (actually, many products can do that, so try to wear sunscreen with an SPF of 15 or higher if you go outside for long periods). The dermatologist will likely give you a facial wash, an AHA exfoliant, and possibly a moisturizer if you have dry areas. These are often cheaper OTC, but this may not be the case in New Zealand. I still suggest going to the doctor, however, just to make sure that it’s not something other than sun damage that’s causing your problem.

Try not to stress yourself over this. Most people don't even notice such things. I have troublesome skin as well (I'm over twenty years old and my acne shows few signs of slowing down), but I eventually realized that most people don't have perfect skin anyway. Everybody has at least a couple of flaws. It makes us unique, actually.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.