Need a reason

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by petrichor, Jun 20, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. petrichor

petrichor New Member

I often sit and find myself feeling like an electrified slab of meat on a wet rock. I'm just a physical equation part of a larger equation. I try to make short term goals, but when I think about the long term goals that these goal are to be a part of I realize there are none. Even this feels pointless. This world, to me, has lost its magic and I don't know what to do to get it back.
  2. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

im sorry you are so down so lost. Is there anyone you can talk to get some help from a councillor a therapist who can get you out of that place you are in and back to living again I hope so hun Keep talking here okay it helps to know people care we care.
  3. oxygenidia

oxygenidia Well-Known Member

I relate to the feeling. I am honestly trying to really figure out what I want out of life. Having some type of thing you want to do in your life is important I think. If you could do/ have anything you wanted in life what would it be? Figuring that out might help to get you a bit on the way...
    And don't forget that there are people who care, even if nobody arounds you seem to do, there are people that you might not even know in person who feel for you and care a great deal about you, like many of us here on this forum.
  4. Constantinos

Constantinos Well-Known Member

Hello petrichor,

For now all i want you is to continue making your short term goals, i want you to take each day by itself and just progress with the flow of the day. Making long term goals can be challenging sometimes, its not impossible - but it will be difficult when you feel pointless & hopeless from what i understand.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.