Need advice about how to quit Nurofen Plus :(

Discussion in 'Self Harm & Substance Abuse' started by TheWr0ngChild, Mar 21, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheWr0ngChild

TheWr0ngChild Well-Known Member

Ok, so about 3 months ago I got addicted to Nurofen Plus pills. As you probably know these are a mix of non addictive Ibuprofen and highly addictive Codeine. It has got quite pathetic, I am addicted, not in the sence of popping 40 a day like some people I have read about, but I do about 6, this is the recomended dose. I can't even be up in the morning an hour without my first "fix" of the day, and when I try to stop I feel awful, cry all the time, get suicidal, harm myself etc etc same old. I am unable to even express my feeling without this drug anymore. I am trying to take less and less day by day, but it's emotionaly hard as I am so bored all the time I need a buzz. I have nothing in my life to distract me. I know if I stop these I will return to alcohol, I am trapped in a maze of addictions, it's in my blood. When I was a child I had a Kinder supprise egg addiction and I would go out and spend my £5 weekly pocket money on these stupid chocolate eggs with a crappy lil toy inside, it got so bad I needed it, like with all my addictions, the want fast turns to need, and need turns to complete addiction. If you read my other posts about ym experience with the contraceptive pill, you will fast realise I am trying to ether hide from something, or deal with it but getting drunk or high all the time, and I cannot face life and my ill body and mind without something.

Any advice (apart from see a doctor) would be much welcomed.

2. famous.last.words

famous.last.words Forum Buddy

i wish i could, but im in a very similar situation with codiene, i dont know how i would cope without it.

3. *dilligaf*

*dilligaf* Staff Alumni

I know it's not what you want to hear hun, but seeing a doctor is your best bet :hug:

4. jane doe

jane doe Well-Known Member

its sad when boringness affects this kind of desition, why don`t you(both) start doing some physical exercise?it helps^^

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.