need advice asap!!

Discussion in 'Self Harm & Substance Abuse' started by justmeonlyme, Aug 12, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. justmeonlyme

justmeonlyme Long Time SFer Staff Alumni

ok so i have the formal (prom like thing) on Saturday i have everything sorted and i had it planed to wear this little jacket thing over top (not really a jacket but i dont no how to explain it) and i had it planed to wear that all night but then last night i was laying in bed thinking why the hall am i letting my scars (and thats all thats on my arms at the moment old scars) run my life... why do i let what people think take over hell there not even that noticeable... i just what do people think should i just leave it on at the risk or a) feeling unconformable b) someone making smart comments c) ... (i cant think of a c but i felt the need for a c lol) so i just idk what do you guys think... :?
  2. lancashirelass

lancashirelass Well-Known Member

i think you will find that no-one will take any notice and you are worrying over nothing so if you want to take your jacket off then do. xx
  3. nolonger

nolonger Well-Known Member

Pretty much :tongue:.

If anyone was to actually look that 'closely' at your arms and make a comment about them then they deserve a baseball bat to the face. :)
  4. Scum

Scum Well-Known Member

I agree. People will be too concerned about having a good time to worry about your arms.

You do whatever you feel comfortable doing and make sure you enjoy yourself :)
  5. KittyGirl

KittyGirl Well-Known Member

Well, if you're indoors for a formal event-- more than likely the lighting will hide any scars that may be on your arms, or anywhere else.
    I really doubt anyone will notice them.

If you really are worried though, wear some silk or lace gloves.
    Depending on the outfit, they could actually look very cute and classy!
  6. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Hey emma :hug:

I would suggest applying camouflage make up over the scars, it'd conceal them. If you have the time and extra cash for it, then it might be worth it :)

Although I do agree, that you should be able to wear what you want and not worry what others think but that can be hard, well hard being an understatement. You don't want to feel uncomfortable on your prom night! I hope you have a wonderful time whatever you choose to do , :hug:
  7. No_Life

No_Life Well-Known Member

my left arm currently has a patchwork of healing and scarred cuts on it and i still wear short sleeve teeshirts all the time, noone has even mentioned them to me, then while shopping or in college or anything, even when people are deliberately trying to find something to use to insult me (which is quite often). so the chances of people noticing them while your at an event are even less likely and so few people would be heartless enough to make a comment about that, you dont have to worry about it.

the most important thing is just to go and do whatever you want and have a good time. xx
  8. ASkylitDrive

ASkylitDrive Well-Known Member

Sweetie, I say lose the jacket :) The scars do not need to run your life, they are just a part of your body. I bet the dress looks stunning and you should send a picture so I can be jealous (also, we need to keep in touch!)
  9. justmeonlyme

justmeonlyme Long Time SFer Staff Alumni

ok so i went there was no point where i felt the need to take the jacket off i did pull the sleaves up at one point revealing my scars but it was ok...

and shelbi i dont atchly have any pics only ones are the one the photographer took and want get them for ages
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.