Need advice in my situation of chaos

Discussion in 'Help Me! I Need to Talk to Someone.' started by blackfire, Mar 26, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. blackfire

blackfire Well-Known Member

My girlfriend wants to just be friends and get to know me better outside a relationship. She doesn't want us to date other people and will self harm if I leave her. I am trapped and she is not being fair. I set rules for us and she did not respect them. She tries to control everything and is very immature for 30. She parties all the time and has drunk people stay at her apartment, to include guys. I dont know what to do about her threatening things for not getting her way. I know we are having issues but cant imagine her commiting to take her life if I want something and she doesnt.

2. Witty_Sarcasm

Witty_Sarcasm Writer, Musician, Fun Lover, Magic Maker

She is being unfair to you by laying a guilt trip...you don't need that. I don't know if she is being manipulative or not, but she should get help if she is serious about hurting herself. It sounds like she isn't respecting you by her actions...maybe a break will be good so she can get her priorities in order. It will give you both time to put things in perspective and hopefully become closer.

3. blackfire

blackfire Well-Known Member

we were doomed from the start and dont even have anything in common. she doent get that though. she acts as if we are married and we arent. i take mytime and she rushes into everything like she is going to lose it if she doesnt move quick.

4. Anneinside

Anneinside Well-Known Member

Maybe it is time to cut your ties with her. Look for someone else.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.