Need advice please.

Discussion in 'I Have a Question...' started by xtufpa, Sep 15, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. xtufpa

xtufpa Well-Known Member

Hello guys. So let me explain you a short story. im going to secondary woodworking school, and we have 2 months of practical work. We do that practical work outside (factories, saws...). I am working at saw now and as i explained in one thread already im kinda scared of work (not scared of saw and machines, but of my dais...i wake up im like ohh no again 8 hours of working...i work - i check clock every 10 minutes so those 8 hours of work goes HELL slow, at the end im going home, and most of days im so tired that i go sleep at basicly i dont have anything from that day).

So there are 2 things.

1. People who dont get practice work outside (factory dont need any workers or anything) than work practice work at school (where its to 1o clock not to 3o lock...and beside its MUCH easier work).

So do you guys have any suggestions how could i get practie work at school? To show you how its kinda possible let me tell you that..i would tell my mom that they cann from school and said they really need me to work in school, beacuse they need few workers, to school i would say that in saw (where i work now) dont have any work more for me, and to saw owners i would say same than to my mom. That would be kida ok, but what if some of those 3 call each other and ask like..ohh do you really need him in school? no...or ohh do you really dont have any work at saw for him? no...

So if anyone have any ideas about something like that PLEASE post.

2. And the second thing there anything to eat or do to not realize you are really working...just not weed, beacuse i dont want to work stoned at saw.

Any siggestions or anything guys PLEASE i wont hold up for 2 months there..
  2. pinkpetals33

pinkpetals33 Well-Known Member

What is so fearful about working the 8 hours?

What is so dreadful that you have to look at the clock every 10 minutes?

What is the worst that will happen to YOU if you do the 8 hours?
  3. xtufpa

xtufpa Well-Known Member

Hey, thanks for anwser. But you just dont understand me. I know that shouldnt be sucha big deal, most of people work like thta, but for me it is like i said...
  4. KittyGirl

KittyGirl Well-Known Member

aw... as for what you can "eat or do to not realize you are really working", I think it would be best if you stayed alert, since you're working with tools and machinery.

You *can* try eating something you really like as a treat before you start work, though. That way, you have the taste in your mouth for awhile. < sometimes I keep 'food memories' for a long time and most of them can be very positive and can serve as a good 'distraction' from my anxiety.

Since I'm not in your shoes, I don't quite understand your fears as you've described them here. Do you enjoy what you do or are you only doing it because you feel you 'must' and it's your only option for a good life?
    If you don't enjoy what you are doing now-- think 20 years down the road, if you're still doing the same thing... will you be happy?
    It might be better to try and think of other options.
  5. pinkpetals33

pinkpetals33 Well-Known Member

I think you misunderstood the [intent] of my response and I completely understood.

I ask because in order to really understand why you think or respond this way, it's going to take asking yourself questions. Sometimes when you ask the questions, you start to mentally illustrate what the "real" situation can't know unless you ask yourself. Distraction is nice but it doesn't get to the root of your problem as the same behavior then transfers to another activity.
  6. xtufpa

xtufpa Well-Known Member

Hey, thanks for anwser. I do that beacuse i have to do in order to complete this class. i dont really see myself working this when ill get a job or something.

also pinkpetals33 thanks for your anwser, i understand.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.