Need advice - taking abreak?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends and Relationships' started by Breathe, Sep 8, 2010.

1. Breathe

Breathe Well-Known Member

Nothing is wrong in my relationship with my boyfriend, i love him so much and he loves me just as much (or more as he says) lol. But i think things through practically. We are in a long distance relationship and now and then things get between us where we cannot even talk for a few days like now, we cannot speak to each other till sunday =[
    Been thinking of taking a break now and then when we are in these situations. Not going to lie, part of it is to make him realise i might not be around forever and cannot keep waiting around for him, such as in a few weeks he is going on a two week course, no phones, no text, internet, or visits. Two weeks of silence.
    Not just to jolt him to realisation but i want to reasure myself i want to be with him, that i can do this, get through this till we dont have to see each other once a week. I want to feel confident in our relationship, the feelings are strong between us, we are perfect together but that seems the only thing going for us atm.
    Should i tell him i want a few days break? we arent going to talk to each other anyway for those days :S or should i just stay quiet and just let it slide once more till next time?

2. Breathe

Didnt put it up here to vent.
    Guys i really need anothers insight on this :S

3. Viro

Viro Well-Known Member

If you really decide you don't want to continue the relationship, I would tell him that it isn't working out. I've never tried to make a long distance relationship work, though. I don't know...

4. IV2010

IV2010 Well-Known Member

I can't offer much advice either cos I couldn't DO a long distance relationship at all..
    look deep inside your heart for the decision that's right for you....only you will know

5. mcviking

mcviking Well-Known Member

Two weeks isn't that long of a time. How long have you guys been together? I think 17 is a bit young to throw aorund the words love and be with you forever type feelings. Alot of stuff can change. If you guys are going to different schools and are both reasonably attractive the chances of you of if not both of for finding someone else is pretty high. I would say let it work itself out. If you mean anythin to him he will call you. He will find a way to send you a text. Don't sweat it. Don't make a big situation just because you won't see him for two weeks. Just let it happen without saying anything.

6. Avarice

Avarice Well-Known Member

If you're not going to see him or hear from him for those two weeks anyway, what's the difference between telling him you want a break for those two weeks and not telling him? If you say you want a break he could end up doing something stupid like meeting someone else or thinking it's over and moving on really quickly. Whether you tell him you want a break or not, he's going away for two weeks and you won't have contact. I just don't see what the point is in taking a break when you're going to basically have a break anyway, only this way he won't start thinking things may be over between you or you've gone off him.

7. Remedy

Remedy Chat & Forum Buddy

I was going to say the same thing as Avarice. If you're not talking for two weeks anyway it's already kinda like a break.

8. KittyGirl

KittyGirl Well-Known Member

Just putting this out there...
    At times, my last relationship was also long distance. We wouldn't speak to each other for weeks sometimes because we both worked full time jobs and HATE talking on the phone.
    Even after we'd been living together, there were times that I wouldn't see him for 3 or 4 days at a time, and might only receive one text message per day.

It's possible to have a relationship like that. It takes work, alot of work.
    If you aren't interested in working on things and staying faithful then just quit while you're ahead.

9. Breathe

Made a intresting point about already going on a break for those two weeks :( i will bring it upwith him.
    I do want to continue dating him i suppose. We are adults (i am 18 he is 20soon), dating a year and a half soon and all that time its been long distance. I dont suppose most people would believe we are in love but we know what we feel. It does take alot of work, its worth it when your in each others arms but when apart it takes alot to keep going :(
    But as i said i will bring it up to him and talk about our future.
    Thankyou