Need Advice

Discussion in 'Help Me! I Need to Talk to Someone.' started by ashleyneedshope29, Sep 19, 2016.

1. ashleyneedshope29

ashleyneedshope29 Active Member

My aunt has offered me a place to stay at her house and i want to move in im just really hesitent because i dont know what my mother and stepfather will do or what they'll say. I havent made any decions yet. I dont know what to do all this thinking and stressing is makeing me depresst. :(

2. curlyq

curlyq Active Member

What is your situation currently? Have you not been getting along with your mother and step-father? Do they get along with your aunt?

3. Rockclimbinggirl

Rockclimbinggirl SF climber Staff Member Safety & Support

You are an adult. It does not really matter what they think or do. Do what is best for you.

Thauoy and bobbob like this.
  4. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Hi Ashley, do what you need to do to keep you safe and happy. I am glad your aunt is stepping in and trying to help. Maybe discuss this further with your aunt on how they will react etc.. Do what feels right :)

bobbob likes this.
  5. ashleyneedshope29

thank you guys so much for the advice and support.

6. ashleyneedshope29

hi curlyq i am living with my mother and stepfather. We do not get along at all it is verry unhealthy and toxic where im living. The only communication that my aunt has with my mother is when my aunt watches my grandmother every other weekend and thats it.

7. curlyq

curlyq Active Member

Change can definitely be hard/scary to initiate, but it's good that you've recognized that you're in a toxic situation now and want to do something about it. That's an awesome first step! It seems like your aunt is supportive of you, seeing as she's offering to have you live with her, so I would recommend talking with her about how to break the news to your mom and stepdad. Remember that you should put your mental health first, and we are all here for you as well :)

Thauoy likes this.
  8. ashleyneedshope29

thank you curlyq i really apreciate that.

9. ashleyneedshope29

I am really stresst out and feeling depresst because of all this thinking. I am so scared and hesitent to tell my mother that im moving in with my aunt because i know things arn't going to go good when i tell her and im really scared as hell. Im going to talk to my aunt and get her advice on everything because im just so scared.

Thauoy likes this.