Need advice

Discussion in 'Family, Friends and Relationships' started by Lethal Photography, Oct 1, 2008.

1. Lethal Photography

Lethal Photography Well-Known Member

Has anyone ever been in an online relationship with someone? I don't want warnings about being careful, I've been best friends with the person in question since I was twelve, my parents and all my friends who have talked to him have liked him, and he's been my main support through all my depression. It's just, our relationship is changing, and we've both been noticing it. Does anyone have any suggestions about how to deal with being on a different continent from the person you love?
  2. $MyName

$MyName Well-Known Member

My only advice is to make sure you both are fully in for it, otherwise it'll go no where and most likely one of you will end up hurt.
  3. Misako

Misako Member

Long distance relationships are always harder than when your lover would be the girl or boy next door, but both have their (dis)advantages. One of my best friends has been into a relationship with an Irish fellow for quite a while and she lives in Belgium, just like me. Your situation is so similar I'd almost believe you're actually, but I'd say follow your heart, but do take into account that it might get tough from time to time, either cause of practical/financial (travelling) reasons or emotional reasons (not enough communication, missing eachother too much) but if you know both of you will be able to handle that and are willing to show some patience to see eachother I'd say go for it. It's like any other relationship really, just try and make the best out of the moments together when you the end you're going to end up living together anyway :) so if it's worth the while it's a matter of time and personality