Need encouragement?

Discussion in 'Help Me! I Need to Talk to Someone.' started by brknsilence, Aug 20, 2016.

1. brknsilence

brknsilence Well-Known Member

About to just throw my hands up and say, "I give up!!!!"

Tried distracting myself to get my mind off the depression and my eating, and things around me seems to be crashing down. My mind, everything.

I hear over and over, "It gets better" Does it? Does it really get better?

I need something to get my mind and everything going. Just about had enough of how I feel.

Any encouragement? Is there any hope?
  2. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Hi honey, there is always plenty of hope! What else have you tried besides distracting yourself? Did you see the doctor on Friday for your eating issues? It can and does get better, think of the excitement you will have in October when your beautiful baby will be here, that will be proof that it does indeed get better. How are the kids behaving for you today?:)
    brknsilence likes this.
  3. SinisterKid

SinisterKid Safety & Support SF Supporter

Ask me a easy one why dont you. Compared to March/April, yes, it does get somewhat better. Not a whole lot on a scale of 1-10, but a 3 is better than a 1 is it not and no matter how painfully slow, its also progress right? So yeah, its got a little better, but nowhere near as much better as I want it to be. I just have to keep working at it, doing the right things and hope [theres that word again] that things continue to improve, albeit slowly. I accept and expect setbacks along the way and I shall face them when they occur.

As for good old hope, yes, no matter how dark it gets and I have been to the darkest place of them all, there is still a tiny glimmer of hope to be found somewhere. Sometimes you have to look very freakin hard for it, but its there all the same. When we find it, we have to nurture it, protect it, feed it, and help it to grow into something bigger and stronger. It takes time and patience to do all that and I am a very impatient bugga, but what choice do I have, another suicide attempt because I could not wait? No thanks, I gave my word to try and I am not ready to quit just yet, are you?
    brknsilence likes this.
  4. brknsilence

I see my dr and case manager on Monday for the depression and everything. I will tell them how I been feeling. Just too much. Anxiety is up. So drained and feel like crying.
  5. brknsilence

Will try my best not to give up.
    SinisterKid likes this.
  6. AlexiMarie7

AlexiMarie7 Well-Known Member

Once there's life, there is always hope, even a flicker. It surely can and likely will get better in some way, maybe an unforeseen way. Stick around to find out how it will manifest.
    Hang in there, lady. Hugs
    MisterBGone and brknsilence like this.
  7. brknsilence