Need Everyone's Help

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by Sasha Cohen, Sep 23, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sasha Cohen

Sasha Cohen Member

I want to make a petition and send it to Barack Obama about school bullying. It IS a serious problem that needs o be addressed. I want Obama to shed light in Congress on how serious bullying is and how and what Congress can do to stop it. The petition is located at:

Please sign the petition, so far four children between the ages of 11-17 have committed suicide because of school bullying and the teachers and staff who did nothing aboutthe school bullying and they did nothing to stop it.
  2. Chargette

Chargette Well-Known Member

Is there a web site about school bullying?
  3. Sasha Cohen

Sasha Cohen Member

I don't have one, but I am sure there are plenty of sites out there
  4. Ordep

Ordep Well-Known Member

I'm not american so obviously I won't sign as it's not my place. But I have a hard time taking serious a person who chose his/her username after the guy who did Borat and Bruno...

Don't take me wrong, you can choose whatever username you want... I just found it weird...
  5. Rose24

Rose24 Chat & Forum Buddy

Ok this seems well intentioned enough, though I don’t know how the government would regulate something like that. Isn’t it up to the schools to regulate bullying? One has to remember that not every school is government funded; I am not sure about the US, but here that means that the government doesn’t even get a say on curriculum for independent school lets alone on policies over bullying!

(I do like your user name, I am his biggest fan!)

Good luck with it all,

Sacha Baron Cohen a comic genius!! He went to oxford or Cambridge uni can’t remember which, but either way, he’s probably brighter than most of us. The man seems very different to the characters he plays-I think that’s a part of the joke.
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 23, 2009
  6. Sasha Cohen

Sasha Cohen Member

Well hopefully the President will enforce congress to make bullying a illegal crime, because right now, it's not a crime and it should be where as all the teachers and staff who overlook bullying, they should be fired--no questions asked.
  7. WldHair

WldHair Well-Known Member

I'm all for it. Bullying needs to become as monitored as sexual harassment is. The reason sexual harassment got the attention it did was because of the lawsuits. I think if people just start filing lawsuits against the kids who are bullying, then it would bring more attention. I mean, a woman can file a lawsuit against a company if she is sexually harassed.

My daughter has been bullied in school for years. She's in middle school now and she suffers from depression. She stopped caring how she dresses or doing her homework. Finally, she broke down on me six months ago and said she was being bullied. Gave me names of the kids and what they were doing. She's overweight. I sent an email to the school saying I wanted them to handle it. So they called a meeting and they immediately got on my back and my daughters because she doesn't dress well, doesn't do her homework, etc. Basically blaming her for being bullied because she looks bad. The gym teacher came after her blaming her saying she doesn't want to jog. Well dug you stupid bitch, if you're overweight you don't want to be running and having the kids laugh at you. So I went off on her. She said that none of the kids could be making fun of her because she was with her 90% of the time in class. I said well what about the 10% of the time. So after the meeting, I get email from her homeroom teacher saying that all of the other kids said they never bothered her. (Wow, you think any of them would admit to it?) Then said one boy who my daughter said kicked her, said she kicked him and showed them a bruise. (A bruise he could have gotten anywhere and so funny he didn't report it to anyone). So I got a warning that if my daughter hit or touched any of the students again she'd be expelled. So I wrote them email saying thanks for nothing and that me and my daughter were on our own. That I looked to them to help her and they basically came back and blamed her for being bullied. So guess what I got after that e-mail? One of the bitch teachers called Child Protective Services on me claiming I was neglecting my daughter. She smelled bad, didn't come her hair, wore ill-fitting clothes to school. They said she had like 90% hearing loss and I refused to get her hearing aids fixed. I'm like WTF? If you have 90% hearing loss, hearing aids aren't gonna help. Told CPS that they had made repeated attempts to get me to cooperate with them, but I just ignored them and I did nothing for my daughter.

So I printed out every e-mail since the beginning of the school year of all the e-mails of me asking that they test her for a learning disorder, of the teacher asking me for deoderant and foot powder and me responding saying that I sent it with her and did she get and her email back to me saying she had it in the classroom, emails with her individual teachers asking if they received her homework that we caught up on, emails from her teacher saying she found old clothes my daughter had kept at school. I had bought my daughter brand new clothes but she insisted on wearing the old ones. Me sending an email to her teacher saying I threw away her old clothes so that now she just had the new ones. What was funny, the day CPS was called was the day I sent the e-mail telling them they weren't helping my daughter. I showed the CPS agent all these emails and the ones about the bullying and how they had responded.

The CPS agent was angry because she said that my daughter behaves no different than many other 13 yo girls. She suspect that she may have ADD and agreed with me that she is most likely suffering from depression and I showed that she was being treated by a psychiatrist. I told the agent her hearing aids were broken but I couldn't afford the $300 to get them fixed. She said my daughter can hear just fine, but said if the school wanted them so bad then they could pay for them, so she got them fixed through the school.

I guess the agent must have reamed the school because the next day her teacher called me almost in tears talking about how she cared about my daughter and they only wanted the best for her and that they were going to reevaluate her through an IEP, something I had been begging for since the beginning of the school year.

I'm lucky my daughter isn't suicidal because I find the schools just as bad as the bullies. Frequently, the victims are the ones who get blamed if they retaliate while the kids who bully get absolutely nothing. They just say they didn't do it and the officials believe them. I think it will take more than Obama outlawing it. Hit the schools in their pockets. These kids take their lives, then file against the school because they did nothing to prevent it. When I said this, people told me it wasn't the school's fault. Well I think it is. Right now, at work, if I say someone is harassing me, that person will be written up and if it happens again, they will be fired. With that woman getting strangled last week by her co-worker, I suspect workplaces are going to become more diligent in making sure it doesn't happen, so I believe schools need to be more proactive. These are our young people and they are vulnerable.

Thanks for letting me rant on. I was teased and bullied horribly when I was in school and I saw kids that were picked on worse than me. Oftentimes the teachers participated in the bullying.
  8. Rose24

Rose24 Chat & Forum Buddy

Well bullying is such a broad term. Individual components of bullying are illegal. The issue is that you cant base policy on how one feels because it varies greatly from person to person but all physical abuse is illegal and forms of verbal can be.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.