Need help, advice please.

Discussion in 'Self Harm & Substance Abuse' started by lostherway, Aug 7, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lostherway

lostherway New Member

I've been on and off cutting for about a year now, sometimes I'll stop for weeks and sometimes maybe a few days here and there but when something horrible happens it's hard for me not to pick up a sharp object and just start running it across my skin. I'm 21 years old, female and also a dancer. These past few weeks have been hard on me, my best friend/roommate moved out, a few of the guys who have used me are trying to get in contact with me (for sex obviously), and all my other friends have been ignoring my texts.The only thing that was keeping me sane was the guy I was sorta seeing his name is Joey and we worked together, at first everything was great we kept our relationship private from work but every once in a while he'd do a bit of flirting with me when no one else was around. Well eventually this fairy tale ended quickly I finally told him I liked him and he pretty much just made a whole bunch of excuses saying how all of a sudden I'm "too young for him" (he's 25)and that working together while dating would be weird even though I keep my work life and social life as far apart as possible. So now I have him ignoring me in everyway and then theres my best friend....who I thought was here for me well turns out she's been ignoring my texts for the past few days and when I straight up told her I needed her she never responded. She asked me what I was doing today so I responded saying how I'm doing nothing after work and she just ignored me...texts me 2 hours ago saying "You should respond to Connor he likes you"...after ignoring me for 9 hours this is the text I get so of course I kinda went off on her saying that she ignored me when I needed her most and now she continues to ignore me. So at this point I feel as if I have nothing to live for and have nothing left. I'm sad all the time and even doing dance isn't enough anymore I don't know where to turn or what to do.

2. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

Hi hun im sorry your so call friends are not there for you. Perhaps they just don't know how to help you hun Throw your sharp object away ok instead of harming yourself go out and doing something kind for YOU small things even b uy yourself a special tea or a nice tricket you always wanted You treat you with kindness. Try to step outside your social gatherings do something different ok. Join a class you are interested in meet new people that way. I am sorry you are so low hun but try ok to reach out to new people and talk to someone your trust a councilor therapist someone hugs

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.