Need help. don't know what to do?

Discussion in 'Self Harm & Substance Abuse' started by ToddMAdl, Jan 15, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ToddMAdl

ToddMAdl Well-Known Member

I have been smoking marijuana for almost every day since I was 16 (I'm 21 now). Anyway I've suffered from depression for awhile, longer than I've been smoking for. The therapists I've had have told me to quit since it is a depressant and could make things worse. I have chosen to to ignore them because I enjoy smoking. It makes me feel good in the short-term but it doesn't help me in the long run. The counselor that I'm seeing now once again told me to quit since it is not helping my mood and I am severely depressed. I have considered quitting because I wonder if it would help my mood and I wouldn't have to worry about cancer or other deleterious effects on my brain. I want to feel better but I enjoy smoking and I told my therapist it would be hard to quit because I'm psychologically addicted to marijuana. Does anyone have any experience with dealing with this or advice? I feel kind of odd asking this since it is just marijuana and I'm sure others wish this was their only substance they are having issues with.

2. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

It is a non motivator okay you use it and it just takes any motivation you had and throws it right out the window. I hope you can stop it as you will not get the proper effect of your good medicines if you keep doing it. hugs

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.